4794 issues - possible solution??

LilFirecracker

Ok....from what I can see and what I've gathered from here I think my issues with the brainy-looking 4794 might be an additive issue. Mixing it with just 10% of 4630 or 4633 (either one) smoothed it out completely. Still not going to use it for melts since I still have the longevity issue, but since I still have 15+ pounds of it - I might use it for votives down the road. 

My question is would it be a little bit of Vybar that it's lacking? I'm attaching a couple of pics again for those who missed out on the brain train!🤣

Screenshot_20211021-172938_Gallery.jpg

20211022_162123.jpg

you've hit the nail on the head. THe polymers used in retail waxes have a narrow margin of error. Too much - even a fraction of an oz in a batch - can make the wax look plastic or wiggly when cooled. Dilution is the solution.

It happens in veg blends too occasionally.  It's a good idea to keep a stash of "naked" waxes around to help fix those issues when they pop up.

6 hours ago, TallTayl said:

you've hit the nail on the head. THe polymers used in retail waxes have a narrow margin of error. Too much - even a fraction of an oz in a batch - can make the wax look plastic or wiggly when cooled. Dilution is the solution.

It happens in veg blends too occasionally.  It's a good idea to keep a stash of "naked" waxes around to help fix those issues when they pop up.

I'm just now seeing your reply. My notifications are wonky lately. Ok, so no fixing it with additives then. Then me thinks I'll throw a little 4625 in it and see where that takes me. Still a no-go for melts, but should make some killer votives. When I decide to try later. Much later.