Jump to content

FO HELP!!!!


Marleigha
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hello to all of the ladies and gents of Craftserver!  It’s been quite a while since I have made a post here.  I’m getting ready to make a few small fragrance oil orders and would like to give some oldie but goodie FO suppliers a try.  I have heard lots of great things about Millcreek and The Candle Source, both of which I have never directly placed an order from.  I am coming to you to ask for your suggestions on some of your FAVS or good throwers from the 2 suppliers.  I’m also in need of more Pumpkin Pecan Waffles, so if you like PPW from any supplier in particular please do share.  I hope you all are doing fabulous and appreciate any input that you may have.  God Bless!   😇🙏🏼

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Marleigha! Sorry I don't use your suppliers so I am not any help there. How long has it been since you ordered FO's? Just wanted to give you a heads up that over the last year or two many have been reformulated to meet new standards. You may find tried and true FO's of the past are no longer the same, perform the same, or often even smell anything like they used to!

 

Many of us are at wit's end looking for replacements for some while others seem okay for now. It's always something right?!!

 

I've been steering away from CS oils that I used for years because of the reformulations being so different. Currently I like FB, Fillmore, EBB, Just Scent, and Keystone. Plus a couple others on occasion like C&S and RE. I believe FB has a good PPW I used once. It just didn't sell well for me so I don't use it. It could be there are better versions but I didn't pursue it as my customers are not into the pancake or waffles types.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/31/2021 at 8:57 PM, Candybee said:

Hi Marleigha! Sorry I don't use your suppliers so I am not any help there. How long has it been since you ordered FO's? Just wanted to give you a heads up that over the last year or two many have been reformulated to meet new standards. You may find tried and true FO's of the past are no longer the same, perform the same, or often even smell anything like they used to!

 

Many of us are at wit's end looking for replacements for some while others seem okay for now. It's always something right?!!

 

I've been steering away from CS oils that I used for years because of the reformulations being so different. Currently I like FB, Fillmore, EBB, Just Scent, and Keystone. Plus a couple others on occasion like C&S and RE. I believe FB has a good PPW I used once. It just didn't sell well for me so I don't use it. It could be there are better versions but I didn't pursue it as my customers are not into the pancake or waffles types.

Hi @Candybee and thank you for responding.  I still order FO’s like I always have, I just haven’t been on the forum like I used to be.  I have not ever ordered directly from Millcreek or The Candle Source.  I have heard such great things about Pink Sugar from TCS.  So for that reason I wanted to give them a shot with a small $100 order or something.  When you say you are steering away from CS do you mean The Candle Source or Candle Science.  Candle Science is another company that I used to love, but many aren’t even close to their older ones such as their Amber Noir!  UGH!  What ones did you used to use and love from the candle source? How about any that you used to like from Millcreek?  I’ve searched here on the forum so I have a good idea of some oldies that worked for soy.  I just hope I don’t order and they are duds.  🤯. I absolutely love FB, JS and Fillmore just haven’t yet used Elements or Keystone.  But again, I thank you so much for your help.  😇
 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry, by CS I meant Candle Science. They have reformulated many of their oils and some I find no longer work for me while others do. I still use a few for candlemaking, soap, bath & body while others I have nixed since their reformulations no longer work for me. I am in the process of trying to find replacements for those elsewhere.

 

I don't shop at Millcreak or the Candle Source so can't give you any reco's from them.

 

I soap EBB's Pink Sugar in my CP soap using VS. It soaps beautifully but turns the soap dark without the VS. My customer's love it. I use quite a few of their FOs for my CP soap.

 

For candles I started using FOs from JS, FB, and Keystone. I chose Keystone because they have some of Peaks FOs and they rock! FB and PFO carry MW's FOs so I started using them for both soaping and candlemaking. A couple years ago I started ordering FOs from JS for candlemaking and was pleased with what I got. I ordered from their favorites list and was not disappointed.

 

Like you I am branching out looking for subs and using suppliers I have not used before. I have also started using NG's but so far just a couple for soaping.

 

I am hearing good reviews on FOs for candlemaking for both Flaming Candle and Cierra so may give them a try. I probably use more suppliers than most candlemakers as some I use for CP soap, some I use just for candles, and others I use for both. Doing candlemaking and body products can complicate your selection process. So I try to find suppliers that work for both. Just because they say skin safe doesn't mean they actually soap well or work in candles,

 

One supplier I use a lot of is EBB/Elements. The majority of my FOs for B&B come from them. I also use some for candlemaking but my business is mostly soap and B&B with candles during the fall and holiday season. So I only shop for fall and holiday season scents for candlemaking.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh no worries.  I just wanted to make sure of what one it was. Yea I have always loved CS, as they are one of the first online suppliers I purchased from years ago.  But many of the clean scents just don’t have the strength that I personally like for my wax!  Sad because I do really like the company as a whole.  🥺

 

I've heard the Pink Sugar from TCS is amazing so I’m wanting to place a small order with them ASAP.  I’ve tried several pink sugar FO’s but looking for the best!  🥰

 

How about ICS and FB?  Any suggestions from them?
 

Oh!  I for one absolutely lovvveee NG!  They are about 12-15 minutes down the road from me and I have loads of their FO’s.  Some of the best I have!  Oh also what is VS?  I’m not a Soaper though I would love to try and make some CP soap for my family.  😇

Edited by Marleigha
Spacing
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

@MarleighaLucky you,, living so close to NG! I am in Indiana and have been there twice. It was so fun smelling all their samples; well not all, or nearly all. I had a list both times. :) 

 

Mill Creek has some good FOs. A few of my favorites are Grandma's Kitchen, Amish quilt, Harvest Spice, Backroads, High Cotton and Arctic Air. Also Cozy Home and Seaside, although I haven't bought those for awhile.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2021 at 12:54 AM, GailC said:

@MarleighaLucky you,, living so close to NG! I am in Indiana and have been there twice. It was so fun smelling all their samples; well not all, or nearly all. I had a list both times. :) 

 

Mill Creek has some good FOs. A few of my favorites are Grandma's Kitchen, Amish quilt, Harvest Spice, Backroads, High Cotton and Arctic Air. Also Cozy Home and Seaside, although I haven't bought those for awhile.

I don’t know if living close is such a good thing anymore.  LOL.  And with all these companies and not really being disciplined in who I purchase from, I spend sooo… much on FO’s anymore.  I never imagined I’d have as many FO’s as I do.  Thank you for sharing your Millcreek favs.  I just placed an order with FB and now I have to place my order with FC and RE.  The list never ends.  LOL. I do want to try an actual order from MC though.  Their cozy home and grandmas kitchen are both stellar.  Thanks again Gail!  😇🙏🏼  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/26/2021 at 7:26 PM, Marleigha said:

I don’t know if living close is such a good thing anymore.  LOL.  And with all these companies and not really being disciplined in who I purchase from, I spend sooo… much on FO’s anymore.  I never imagined I’d have as many FO’s as I do.  Thank you for sharing your Millcreek favs.  I just placed an order with FB and now I have to place my order with FC and RE.  The list never ends.  LOL. I do want to try an actual order from MC though.  Their cozy home and grandmas kitchen are both stellar.  Thanks again Gail!  😇🙏🏼  

 

Oh you're right! I buy way too many FO's anyway; if I lived close to NG, I would really have trouble practicing any self control.

 

I was just digging through one of my FO cabinets yesterday looking for a certain scent. I saw so many bottles I've purchased through the years that I haven't used in awhile, and some I haven't used at all yet. I should look through my 2 cabinets every time I think about placing another FO order!

 

If the companies would just quit having sales! I was surprised Candlescience had a sale. I don't recall one in the 12 years I've been making candles except for their 99 cents sample sales. Of course I HAD to order some of their sale FO's plus FB's Thanksgiving sale.

 

I am totally out of Grandma's Kitchen but I just can't order from Mill Creek for awhile. :) Apple Harvest from CS will have to do for now. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...