Pour Twice to Avoid Sink Holes?

A company that sells fragrance oils as well as finished soy candles says they pour twice to avoid sink holes.  She fills half the jar then comes back and fills the other half (I'm guessing when first pour has solidified).  Has anyone tried this method to avoid the holes?

GoldieMN

It so totally depends on the wax and other factors.  The 444 I used it didn’t matter… pour, fill, and then refill 4-5 times since it would form new craters in craters.  

I always have much better luck controlling the pour temp and cooling rate. When making any sort of volume every touch to the candle costs money.

It could work - I would go the extra mile and poke relief holes as well if your going to do it but like TT said the 444 I had was awful and notorious for this no matter what I did….I personally gave the case away and moved on not wanting to deal with it 

57 minutes ago, moonshine said:

It could work - I would go the extra mile and poke relief holes as well if your going to do it but like TT said the 444 I had was awful and notorious for this no matter what I did….I personally gave the case away and moved on not wanting to deal with it 

I hadn't thought of that!  I could pour half, poke holes, pour last half.  

Are you still making candles?  Just not soy?

GoldieMN

32 minutes ago, GoldieMN said:

I hadn't thought of that!  I could pour half, poke holes, pour last half.  

Are you still making candles?  Just not soy?

GoldieMN

I’m making them when I can - I’m not selling anymore at the moment - hopefully one day again, been slowly going through all my supplies and re-organizing everything to try and get back at at….problem is I keep hearing all this dam wax no matter what it is is different every lot and every supplier 🤦‍♀️ I have plenty of stock for awhile but when/if I buy more who knows if will be similar 😂

I’m so amazed at all the new waxes they keep coming out with - I just want my old easy beads back!

I am mainly using coconut blends right now - some soy added in but I haven’t found a straight soy I love anymore…kinda going back to some paraffin blends and palm also 

I’m all over the place 😂😂