How to package gel melts

Hello. 

I’m new to gel wax melts. How do you package gel wax melts? In a foil zip lock pouch? Resealable cellophane bag? Or if I wanted to make individual different scented gel melts to do a sample box, would I wrap them individually & then put them in an individual cavity plastic container or could I put them as is? I hope that made sense. I attached pictures. Please help! 

AAF78397-19F1-49C8-B889-E6341E2199B6.jpeg

6777EFA3-170F-4C36-AB94-A280B2F564AE.jpeg

6F6EE236-81E0-478B-A776-43A43D7F0704.jpeg

It depends on a few things,

first, what is the look and feel of your brand? 

then I’d look at the durability of the melts.  If they scuff easily or dent/crack/smoosh, durable packaging like boxes or tins make sense.

where will you be selling them? If in person. How will they be displayed? Hung? On a table? In a basket? People are ruthless with stuff at shows. Make it fast and easy to see, sell, and restock. 

finally, what price point are you looking for? Packaging drives price quite a bit.

• Like 1

They’re gel wax melts. I just don’t know how I should package them. I’ll be selling them on my website & at pop up shops (i.e., Farmer’s Market), not hung but on a display stand on a table. I’m not sure how to price them. Do you know how I can determine that? Anything would help. Thank you! 

I would be inclined to box them. I have. It experienced gel melts and can’t predict how they handle changed to temp and bumping around in a normal shuffle of shipping. 

I usually ship an item to a friend on an extreme climate then have them ship back to me to test if my product can reasonably handle the chaos. 

Pricing  I usually work 2 directions:

step 1: total cost x at least 4 step 2: pick a target price and see if that allows me enough profit. 

not many of my prototypes make it to market simply because they don’t pan out to be profitable enough. 

• Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.