What are the most REALISTIC fragrance oils you’ve found?

Sanderson3

Seems like foods are pretty easy to replicate, but here are some things from my wishlist:

• All types of WOOD (cedar, pine, palo santo, oud, mahogany, sandalwood, juniper, cypress, teak, walnut, oak etc)
  • All HERBS (clove, basil, thyme, pepper, bay leaf, rosemary, lavender, cardamom)
  • Real LEATHER (not like mens cologne!)
  • The scent of a leaf from of a TOMATO PLANT would be incredible 
  • RAIN (petrichor) 
  • Terra Cotta pot / CLAY
  • CITRUSY (bergamot, ginger, lemongrass, grapefruit)
  • NEROLI (the closer to a real orange grove the better) 
  • FLORAL (peony, jasmine, lotus, gardenia, geranium, honeysuckle) 
  • DANDELION (like your fingers smell after picking one)
  • HAY (like stacked in a barn)
  • ART SUPPLIES A new box of crayons, pencil shavings, play dough, paper or finger-paints 
  • Dry LEAVES off of a forest floor (not like BBW leaves)
  • Thumbs Up 1

Most of those I can't help you with but Texas Candle Supply has a great smelling leather (I mean, if you like that smell) and so does Lone Star but I honestly prefer the one from Texas. I live in Texas and it's very popular here.

For leaves, to my nose the one called Autumn leaves from Bitter Creek and the one called Fallen Leaves from RE remind me of real leaves more than the bath and body works dupe. I hope that helps!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you find a Rain FO that actually smells like rain, I'd like to know.  In my opinion, fragrance oils just can't duplicate Nature's scents usually, like Rain and Fresh Cut Grass. 

Realistic citrus scents should be easy to find.

I think Honeysuckle from Nature's Garden and Fragrance Buddy smell like real honeysuckle.

• Like 2

On 9/30/2021 at 8:06 AM, Sanderson3 said:

Seems like foods are pretty easy to replicate, but here are some things from my wishlist:

• All types of WOOD (cedar, pine, palo santo, oud, mahogany, sandalwood, juniper, cypress, teak, walnut, oak etc)
  • All HERBS (clove, basil, thyme, pepper, bay leaf, rosemary, lavender, cardamom)
  • Real LEATHER (not like mens cologne!)
  • The scent of a leaf from of a TOMATO PLANT would be incredible 
  • RAIN (petrichor) 
  • Terra Cotta pot / CLAY
  • CITRUSY (bergamot, ginger, lemongrass, grapefruit)
  • NEROLI (the closer to a real orange grove the better) 
  • FLORAL (peony, jasmine, lotus, gardenia, geranium, honeysuckle) 
  • DANDELION (like your fingers smell after picking one)
  • HAY (like stacked in a barn)
  • ART SUPPLIES A new box of crayons, pencil shavings, play dough, paper or finger-paints 
  • Dry LEAVES off of a forest floor (not like BBW leaves)

I would look on WSP -  pricey yes but worth every penny of it IMO

98% of the time I have not been let down on how realistic they are - their tomato plant is dead on along with most herbs and woods I use 

for the geranium I love rose geranium at AH/RE

ginger elements has a wonderful ginger lime 

I haven’t found a rain yet I like - most are to floral but wsp black salt and cypress is a very nice water scent  

Edited by moonshine
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, GailC said:

If you find a Rain FO that actually smells like rain, I'd like to know.  In my opinion, fragrance oils just can't duplicate Nature's scents usually, like Rain and Fresh Cut Grass. 

Realistic citrus scents should be easy to find.

I think Honeysuckle from Nature's Garden and Fragrance Buddy smell like real honeysuckle.

No kidding! Petrichor is a very distinct aroma.

another is fresh hay. Not one fragrance sold as a hay smells anything remotely like hay. I have 8 tons of fresh hay stacked in my barn and wish I could find that smell for a candle or room spray. That, to me, is heavenly. 

• Like 2