SOYMAX

3 hours ago, GoldieMN said:

What I don't understand is the "use by" date.  Four weeks?  Is this referring to something that doesn't concern those of us who make candles?  I did email the company but now thinking it has nothing to do with us using the product.

GoldieMN

That 4 weeks only applies to their wax processors who get a bulk tank in liquid form.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, BusyBee said:

That 4 weeks only applies to their wax processors who get a bulk tank in liquid form.

Ok, thanks.  Someone from the company actually responded with the same info.  

I am thinking of buying 10 lbs. and testing. . . 🙃

GoldieMN

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

How is the soymax working out Goldie?

I have been cleaning my candle crap out ….hasn’t been done fully in over 10 years and I found a small bag of soy max from aso …..must of thought I was going to try it on top of the Midwest I still have 

is it a keeper or does it belong in my get rid of pile? Lol 

I am at the tailend of testing in wide-mouth canning jars.  I am testing three fragrances with 7.6% oil basically for hot throw:  Fillmore Nutmeg Ginger which works in any wax I've tested.  Rustic Escentuals Amish Quilt--I have been having problems getting much of any hot throw from lately in C-1.  Just Scent Candy Corn, never used before but need for a special order.  Nutmeg is very strong.  Cotton Candy is very nice, strong.  Amish Quilt, well at least I am getting a medium hot throw so more testing.  SoyMax is described as possibly having rough tops.  As you can see from my photo, it sure is true for my pink Cotton Candy jar!  That is not a problem for me as I always poke for air pockets and heat gun all my jars.  The special order requires a different jar so I've been dealing with wicking down and still getting a strong throw which customer requested. I am using these:  https://www.jarstore.com/jars/13-5-oz-libbey-double-old-fashioned/?wccps_c0=23466&wccpq_c0=1&quantity=36&wccpm0=1518173437&wccpl=1 .  I thought it would wick the same as my canning jars since they are same diameter and straight. . .and they are shorter!  But they seem to get hot toward the bottom 1/4 of the jar.

Right now I have about 25 lbs. left of C-1 and have not had enough time to test all my scents in the SoyMax but not sure if I should order 150 lbs. of C-1 or SoyMax (in order to get same lot and cut down on testing multiple lots).

Now to your question.  LOL  The current SoyMax may be totally different from what you have.  No help, am I.

GoldieMN

Soymax test.jpg

Hmmmm- not sure I want to go down that road 😂 might go in my get Rid of pile-lol or it’s a small bag I could give it a go with some USA or soy modifier and se what happens 🤷‍♀️

I have some Midwest still - have you used that at all? How does it compare if so

• 1 month later...

Looks like American Soy Wax will no longer be selling SoyMax.  Even though the company says their waxes will be sold on Soybeads.com, SoyMax is not listed.  Emails are returned to me with no answer to my question.  So if I am once again in a situation where I can buy a particular soy wax from only one company (Candlescience), I am not going to continue testing SoyMax.  

GoldieMN