Peak's Fresh Brewed Coffee

candlesncats

3 hours ago, BenderSF said:

I tried Peak's a few months ago and thought it was almost identical to CandleScience's Fresh Coffee.  My CS sample is from March 2019.  The page doesn't say it's been reformulated since then but recent reviews sure have dropped off...

https://www.candlescience.com/fragrance/fresh-coffee-fragrance-oil

Thanks! I need to order from them anyway, so will check it out.

• 4 months later...

I’m reading/searching for a new coffee scent and wanted to share my thoughts. CS Fresh Coffee was my go-to best seller. It is reformulated — I crossed my fingers, ordered and was pleasantly surprised scent seemed same, wick same, all was GREAT!  4 months later I lit a candle and NADA. Nothing. No scent at all. Burned a second one. Same issue.  I can’t use a FO that can’t hold up to a shelf life. 

1 hour ago, The Candle Nook said:

I’m reading/searching for a new coffee scent and wanted to share my thoughts. CS Fresh Coffee was my go-to best seller. It is reformulated — I crossed my fingers, ordered and was pleasantly surprised scent seemed same, wick same, all was GREAT!  4 months later I lit a candle and NADA. Nothing. No scent at all. Burned a second one. Same issue.  I can’t use a FO that can’t hold up to a shelf life. 

Have you tried MidwestFragranceCo? I love the smell of coffee but every scent I’ve tried has smelled like burnt popcorn to me except MWFC. It is called Espresso. They are closed right now because of coworkers out with COVID but I believe that’s only till Feb. 1

Edited by Daisymay66

On 1/28/2022 at 12:13 AM, Daisymay66 said:

Have you tried MidwestFragranceCo? I love the smell of coffee but every scent I’ve tried has smelled like burnt popcorn to me except MWFC. It is called Espresso. They are closed right now because of coworkers out with COVID but I believe that’s only till Feb. 1

Actually, I do have that one!! Haven’t put it in wax yet — glad to hear it works so well for you. Maybe I’ll pour that one tomorrow. I have found the Midwest FO to run kinda “light”. Hoping espresso will be THE ONE!  Thanks again

3 hours ago, The Candle Nook said:

Actually, I do have that one!! Haven’t put it in wax yet — glad to hear it works so well for you. Maybe I’ll pour that one tomorrow. I have found the Midwest FO to run kinda “light”. Hoping espresso will be THE ONE!  Thanks again

Ok — correcting myself.

🙄🙄🙄 (This is what happens when it’s been a month and I *think* I remember and don’t check my notes). Tried Midwest and another supplier at same time and it was THE other that was light. Have only burned the maple/bourbon from MIdwest and it burns lovely. I get lots more maple than bourbon so will have to add some bourbon and play with it. Need to burn my other Midwest testers. 

• Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, The Candle Nook said:

Ok — correcting myself.

🙄🙄🙄 (This is what happens when it’s been a month and I *think* I remember and don’t check my notes). Tried Midwest and another supplier at same time and it was THE other that was light. Have only burned the maple/bourbon from MIdwest and it burns lovely. I get lots more maple than bourbon so will have to add some bourbon and play with it. Need to burn my other Midwest testers. 

What other scents do you have? I know what you mean about notes! If I don’t write stuff down I got nothing!! 

• 3 months later...

Any luck on a strong coffee scent?  What I’m looking for is just a straight coffee scent. Everything I’m finding is like a latte or a mocha or something along those lines. I want just a straight coffee scent. Anybody have any luck finding one?

• 4 months later...