BEST PLACE TO PURCHASE FRAGRANCE

SOMISKID

you're going to get a LOT of replies that contradict one another.

Visit the scent review section of the forum for some reviews: https://www.craftserver.com/forum/79-fragrance-reviews-by-supplier/

and the suppliers by state list:

The good news is Every common supplier has stinkers and winners. 

My retail Go-to's usually fall to:
Crafters Choice (sold at many places, including Wholesale Supplies Plus) Above average quality, above average pricing, wait for sales to stock up. several I'd prefer to not be without, but won't cry if they disappear.

Aromahaven (average quality, average pricing, some very different choices from the norm. several are key notes to my custom blends)

Elements bath and body. (average quality, slightly above average pricing, a couple I prefer to not do without)

Those three above were bought out by an equity firm within the past year, and all offerings may change or be discontinued without notice as the new owners decide their profit goals.

For non-retail, My own dupes of several old Scent Works fragrances many of us can't live without (without much sadness). Available at my cost through co-ops.

• Thumbs Up 1

TallTayl Saved me from sending you that link!!!

My first place that I got fragrances from was The Candle Makers Store.  But, since I've been here I found Natures Garden and actually like them better for my scents!!!  For the most part, I'm afraid that finding your favorite store or stores will take a little trial and error.  But, we're here to talk with along the way!!!

4 minutes ago, Cross-stitch said:

TallTayl Saved me from sending you that link!!!

My first place that I got fragrances from was The Candle Makers Store.  But, since I've been here I found Natures Garden and actually like them better for my scents!!!  For the most part, I'm afraid that finding your favorite store or stores will take a little trial and error.  But, we're here to talk with along the way!!!

Trial and error is RIGHT! I am preparing the destash list of a lot of fragrances from many suppliers. Up to about 300 so far - Yikes!

• Like 3

@SOMISKID  Welcome to CraftServer!

Your ultimate goal is to deal with a fragrance house or manufacturer when you grow your operation big enough.  But best place to start would be any American made fragrance oil supplier in your area.  Quality of any American made oils are similar, and this will save you shipping cost and transit time.

Paying more does not translate into the best quality.  You can pay 1/3 less and end up with better fragrance oils.  Fragrance is all about scent not the quality of oils.  So, who has the best scent?  The answer depends on your scent preference.

8 minutes ago, SOMISKID said:

@BusyBee Well lets say I'm looking for holiday scents. Where would you go to? Also I'm in Ventura, not too far from you! 

Hi there!  I graduated from Ventura High School long time ago.

There is no candle supplier in your area.  California Candle Supply, who has good quality FOs, is located in Glendora CA, but they don't have verity of Holiday scents.  You might want to look into Candle Science, since they have the best shipping rate to our area.  Fragrance manufacturer "Agilex" is located in North Hollywood, but that should be for your future consideration.  There is another candle supplier in North Hollywood, but there FO quality isn't so good.  

Agree with what everyone else said. My personal favorites are Natures Gardens, Midwest Fragrance Company (new company and very fast shipping, great FO's, best customer service), Fragrance Buddy (they have some great pumpkin scents, best Mulberry I've found), Nature's Items has some good Fo's and they have all been good to my nose, Candle Science, Aztec, Candle wic, Flaming, Bitter Creek North, these are all going to have some great FO and some not so great. I would defiantly buy samples from them. Some of my favorite per supplier for the holidays are

Dicken's Christmas-Lone Star,-they have a nice mulberry too

Mulberry, Pumpkin Cupcake, Pumpkin Vanilla Marshmallow, Cinnamon Broom from Fragrance Buddy,   (there are more but can't think off the top of my head)

Just Scent-Cinnamon Crunch Cake, Christmas Wish,

Pumpkin Pie and All Hallow's Eve-Bitter Creek 

Christmas Mulberry-Cajun Candles-they also have the best cream brûlée in my opinion 

Mrs. Claus Cookies, Bayberry, cinnamon Buns,Gingerbread from Nature's Garden

Orange Spice, Alpine Cheer, Pumpkin Peanut Brittle-from Flaming,

Pumpkin Peanut brittle from Aztec and Fragrance Buddy

Harvest Pumpkin-Cierra-my favorite pumpkin

Tis The Season-Flaming, FB or Rustic

Bayberry & Silver Oak-Flaming

Apple Cider Donut-Candle WIC or Flaming

North Pole and pumpkin apple butter-Flaming

Hansel and Gretels House-Flaming

Harvest Gathering from Flaming and Fragrance buddy

Apple Cinnamon- Flaming, Fragrance Buddy and Lone Star are all nice.

Cinnamon Buns, Sweater Weather, Toasted Pumpkin Spice, Blazing Bonfire, Marshmallow Fireside, Pumpkin Pecan Waffles, Leaves, Pumpkin Caramel Crunch, Gingerbread, Orange Cranberry Spice, Honey Cornbread, from Midwest Fragrance Co are all good.

These are a few of my favorites and the suppliers. You may not like any of them but I hope this helps you.

• Like 3