USPS holiday postage increases!

From Pirateship

shipping rates for the holidays.

nooooo.gif

Unfortunately there's no way to escape this; USPS is raising rates the same amount everywhere you can buy their postage.

Their price increase for each shipment depends on the service, weight, and zone you're shipping to, as summed up below.

October 3rd–December 26th temporary USPS rate increase:

First Class Package Service

• $0.30 increase for all Weights and Zones

Priority Mail Cubic

• $0.25 increase for all Cubic Tiers, Zones 1-4
  • $0.75 increase for all Cubic Tiers, Zones 5-9

Priority Mail Flat Rate and Priority Mail Express Flat Rate

• $0.75 increase for all Flat Rate Boxes and Envelopes

Priority Mail, Priority Mail Express, and Parcel Select Ground

• $0.25 increase for 1-10 lb, Zones 1-4
  • $0.75 increase for 1-10 lb, Zones 5-9
  • $1.50 increase for 11-20 lb, Zones 1-4
  • $3.00 increase for 11-20 lb, Zones 5-9
  • $2.50 increase for 21-70 lb, Zones 1-4
  • $5.00 increase for 21-70 lb, Zones 5-9

To see the exact rates just grab the USPS rate sheets from your Pirate Ship account.

We've got a secret way to help offset these increases 😉 

Shhh don't tell anybody, but we'll be adding a new carrier with super deep discounts to Pirate Ship on October 3rd that could help offset this increase in the nick of time. Unfortunately we can't share more details until then... but rest assured it'll help save you a ton, and you'll be able to start shipping with them instantly. Stay tuned for more info soon!

• Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

16 hours ago, NightLight said:

From Pirateship

shipping rates for the holidays.

nooooo.gif

Unfortunately there's no way to escape this; USPS is raising rates the same amount everywhere you can buy their postage.

Their price increase for each shipment depends on the service, weight, and zone you're shipping to, as summed up below.

October 3rd–December 26th temporary USPS rate increase:

First Class Package Service

• $0.30 increase for all Weights and Zones

Priority Mail Cubic

• $0.25 increase for all Cubic Tiers, Zones 1-4
  • $0.75 increase for all Cubic Tiers, Zones 5-9

Priority Mail Flat Rate and Priority Mail Express Flat Rate

• $0.75 increase for all Flat Rate Boxes and Envelopes

Priority Mail, Priority Mail Express, and Parcel Select Ground

• $0.25 increase for 1-10 lb, Zones 1-4
  • $0.75 increase for 1-10 lb, Zones 5-9
  • $1.50 increase for 11-20 lb, Zones 1-4
  • $3.00 increase for 11-20 lb, Zones 5-9
  • $2.50 increase for 21-70 lb, Zones 1-4
  • $5.00 increase for 21-70 lb, Zones 5-9

To see the exact rates just grab the USPS rate sheets from your Pirate Ship account.

We've got a secret way to help offset these increases 😉 

Shhh don't tell anybody, but we'll be adding a new carrier with super deep discounts to Pirate Ship on October 3rd that could help offset this increase in the nick of time. Unfortunately we can't share more details until then... but rest assured it'll help save you a ton, and you'll be able to start shipping with them instantly. Stay tuned for more info soon!

I love Pirate Ship. I am also using UPS account with THRIVE coupon code.

I raised prices last year and didn’t lower them anticipating this again. They still screwed up. I had packages that were late by two weeks, some three weeks going priority mail. Lost packages. Worst year ever. Multiple packages sitting in sorting bins that customers had to retrieve. USPS cutting back hours so nothing got delivered, meanwhile local post office stating delivered, but delivered at po sitting in bins….GAH

Last year was rough.  Between the blizzards and increased volume of packages due to pandemic I had some stuck in sorting depots for well over a month to some states.  Pennsylvania and New Jersey destinations were the worst. I felt bad for my post office workers, it wasn’t their fault. Brought them treats when I dumped bins of packages off. 

this year I’m sending out post cards to the holiday shoppers to buy Christmas candles by October 31 for savings and timely delivery. Hopefully I can shut down Christmas ordering by December 1 and not have to work double shifts to get orders out when I’d rather be with my family celebrating and relaxing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm very curious about this 'new carrier', I can afford to eat the cost for the increases, but it's just getting a bit ridiculous with some of the priority mail delivery times, I had one package that had to be returned to me and it took them like 3 weeks to get it back here.