Where can I get a really good dark patchouli oil?

Candybee

The last Dark Indonesian co-op buy (a long while ago) was liberty naturals. It has aged very well.

these days I use The Perfumery. The perfumery also has a decent patchouli for soap.  It is less costly, and seems to perform ok in soap.

all will benefit from a nice long aging I find. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
12 hours ago, Marleigha said:

@Candybee I can’t confirm this 100%, but I heard Lonestar has one of the best patchouli fragrance oils.  I was told it smells the closest to the EO of any patch FO anywhere.  And not crazy priced!  Oh and also Fillmore…. Anyways, HTP!  

I haven't tried Lonestar but I have used Fillmore's Patchouli FO and stopped looking because it was the best patch FO I found and the truest to the EO.

Right now thou I am looking for the EO of dark patchouli and not a FO. The darker the better. I have a regular patchouli EO that I order in a lb at a time so it can darken over time. Patch just gets better with age. But am hoping to find a true 'dark' patchouli EO and was hoping someone here might know where to find.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Marleigha said:

@Candybee I can’t confirm this 100%, but I heard Lonestar has one of the best patchouli fragrance oils.  I was told it smells the closest to the EO of any patch FO anywhere.  And not crazy priced!  Oh and also Fillmore…. Anyways, HTP!  

I have the LS Patchouli! In fact, I just tested some melts made with it. I love it! But then again, it was my first Patch sample so I have nothing to compare it to...

• Like 1

On 11/2/2021 at 11:42 AM, Candybee said:

I haven't tried Lonestar but I have used Fillmore's Patchouli FO and stopped looking because it was the best patch FO I found and the truest to the EO.

Right now thou I am looking for the EO of dark patchouli and not a FO. The darker the better. I have a regular patchouli EO that I order in a lb at a time so it can darken over time. Patch just gets better with age. But am hoping to find a true 'dark' patchouli EO and was hoping someone here might know where to find.

Yah Kat used to say all the time how the Patch from LS smells almost exactly to the EO.  

@LilFirecrackerYes a few of my friends are really picky with their patchouli FO and they rave of the Patchouli from Fillmore and Lonestar.  What else have you loved from LS?  😇

@MarleighaWell I'm just now building my stock so I don't have many from there now. Still in testing phase. So far my keepers are Cotton Blossom, Clean Cotton, Cranberry Chutney (potent!), And Plumeria

I've put into wax but haven't yet melted Nag Champa, Firewood (this one comes down to personal preference), and Black Raspberry Vanilla. 

• Like 1

@LilFirecracker I have around 40 or so FO’s from them.  All have been either good or great except maybe 1-2.  I do have a few favs that seem to throw great in my wax.  This isn’t all, but here are at least 10… 

Pumpkin Seeds & Oud

Drunken Pumpkin

Fall Festival

French Market

Inner Peace (SUPER STRONG) 

Leather (very accurate & strong) also makes a great mixer 

Vanilla Cotton 

Creme Brulee 

Verbena Bamboo

Dickens Christmas (outstanding) 

HTH!  

Edited by Marleigha

@LilFirecracker I’m honestly not a big blueberry fan myself.  I do have several BB FO’s including the BB Cobbler from LS but just don’t pour them much.  Out of the few BB FO’s I have I think I like Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream from JS & Blueberry Muffins from BC.  HTH!   

Edited by Marleigha

• 4 months later...