Been out of candlemaking for awhile, questions on "new stuff"

Hi, I have not made my own candles for quite some time, and I plan to start up again. I only make them for personal use/gifts. Anyway, there is a lot of new stuff since I last dove in, and I have some questions. What wax do folks feel has the best throw for tarts/wax melts? Also, I have seen that a number of suppliers now have extra-large tealight cups, sometimes called "Maxi lights", etc. They also seem to be advertised as something akin to a Yankme scenterpiece cup in that they can be used in a tart warmer (the electric variety). I am a little leary of this, but it sounds great, if it is true and safe. Anyone have any input? Thanks!

I've never made tarts/wax melts, but I keep reading good things about "Pillar of Bliss" wax, you might wish to research through the threads about the favorite waxes that are being used for those.  As for the large tealight cups, I'm not familiar with those either.  Good luck in getting back into things!