My First Successful Candle!

Mrs. Stoner

I am almost in tears… of happiness. I began making candles December 2020 as a hobby during my unemployment due to Covid. It has taken me 9 months and five types of waxes and combinations there of, every single type of wick, countless fragrance oil combinations, scrupulous note taking, and on top of that, making my own cement vessels and the countless hours of that testing of sealants and safety… I HAVE MADE ONE SUCCESSFUL CANDLE! My goal was to create a candle that burned all the way to the end with no wick trimming (like most non chandlers burn their candles), in a cement vessel that never got too hot, that didn’t throw soot and also filled our bedroom and hallway with scent. The 7.5 oz candle below is nearing the 50 hour mark! I did it! Now if I can just repeat it. I want to thank you all for the invaluable information and expertise I have gleaned from you. I will keep making and creating and testing and perhaps one day, I will turn this into a business. For now, I am enjoying the process. 

PS - the vessel below has been used about five times before in previous tests hence the “rustic” and stained look of it. I reuse my vessels over and over for testing purposes. I am including a picture of my freshly poured candles and vessels (note the nativity set in the background… this was 9 months and over 100 candles ago when I first began testing). 

BFC06955-4FE6-4CC8-B96D-D9608E8AA813.jpeg

8F74B628-0209-41A9-BBCB-873085CFBC40.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 4

Oh this is beautiful!  You have created beautiful vessels that goes really well with your nativity sets.  And your candle flames are beautiful also.  I am pretty sure you can repeat that again and again.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BusyBee said:

Oh this is beautiful!  You have created beautiful vessels that goes really well with your nativity sets.  And your candle flames are beautiful also.  I am pretty sure you can repeat that again and again.  

Thank you so much! I am so thank ful to you and all your knowledge. That’s a huge compliment coming from you!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Well done!

Well done!! I am at the start of my testing journey and I’ve spent a fortune.. I understand how hard it can be when you don’t get it just right! But  never give up your goals cos you can do it!