TallTayl...you may know the answer

barbaranj

Hello all.  I am looking for these particular two piece clamshells.

(Tall Tayl...I first saw these used by you in one of our fall swaps).

These have a beveled cavity.

Does anyone know if  these are available anywhere? 

Thank you.

Barbara

clamshell.JPG

clamshell2.JPG

• Like 1

I didn’t see them on the main crafters choice site, so not sure they are even offered any more.  

I stopped using them a year or so ago since the supply then was iffy. Thankfully timing was perfect for my return to minimal packaging!

Are you looking for it to be self contained packaging, or just the molded bar? You could use what you have as a mold. Then package in something else, like a glassine bag or shrink wrap into a box. 

Those little clamshells were excruciatingly expensive to buy originally. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TallTayl said:

Are you looking for it to be self contained packaging, or just the molded bar? You could use what you have as a mold. Then package in something else, like a glassine bag or shrink wrap into a box. 

Great suggestion!  I actually have a crystal clear bag that is self sealing from Clear Bags that I can slip them into. 
 This will work.  Thank you. 

Edited by barbaranj

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/24/2021 at 10:09 AM, barbaranj said:

Great suggestion!  I actually have a crystal clear bag that is self sealing from Clear Bags that I can slip them into. 
 This will work.  Thank you. 

What size bag do you think would work best for putting these in? I've been trying to get away from clams but thought about using them as a mold and then putting them in bags. To my nose, they smell stronger when you sniff out of a bag instead of a clamshell and sometimes the wax gets a funky smell to it. I'm not sure if it's the FO or type of wax itself that causes that because I haven't noticed it on every clamshell I've made, just certain ones.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Belinda said:

What size bag do you think would work best for putting these in? I've been trying to get away from clams but thought about using them as a mold and then putting them in bags. To my nose, they smell stronger when you sniff out of a bag instead of a clamshell and sometimes the wax gets a funky smell to it. I'm not sure if it's the FO or type of wax itself that causes that because I haven't noticed it on every clamshell I've made, just certain ones.

Hi Belinda.  I had some from Clear Bags that measure 3 5/16 x 5 1/8.  They would look cute with a topper since there is length left over after sealing.   It would be no problem to  mail you a few to try before you buy.  

96D3C818-E4B9-432E-B2D6-3774F4691E4C.jpeg

191933A6-2AC8-4133-A0F3-34AF137669FB.jpeg

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, TallTayl said:
3 minutes ago, barbaranj said:

Yes…you could but there the sides would have overhang and it looks a bit messy IMO. 

48BA9269-2440-4903-9F3B-0C8A5BAFF9BC.jpeg

67AE0CE7-B070-4FDA-9C21-5F8B78213DD2.jpeg

Ok. So I folded the top like you would with wrapping paper … then sealed it with a warning label.  Mind you, it could be done much neater for a form fitting fit 

3C8BA032-6189-43B7-A6EF-60C8B32DC13A.jpeg

C9180808-C262-4082-9FF0-4966464B4CEE.jpeg

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

Ah.  I see 

don’t suppose a heat gun helps?

I use glassine bags usually. They fold well and hide a lot of sins. 

Maybe try glassine Belinda!  
I am obsessed with this mold lately.  Wax weight is around 1.8 oz.  and it packages well! 

5A081958-E24E-4908-A873-83796DEAAE9B.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 2

On 9/10/2021 at 6:50 PM, barbaranj said:

Maybe try glassine Belinda!  
I am obsessed with this mold lately.  Wax weight is around 1.8 oz.  and it packages well! 

5A081958-E24E-4908-A873-83796DEAAE9B.jpeg

I've actually been looking at that same mold LOL! How would you price these? Do you think $2 is a fair price? What size bags do you use for that one? I think those look so nice. Do your bags seal or are they the zip kind? Thank you for the offer of sending me bags. I really appreciate that. I order from clear bags so I'll just throw some in my cart the next time I order. 

• 1 month later...
On 9/11/2021 at 7:42 PM, barbaranj said:

Hi Belinda.  The  bags are the self seal and measure 2 1/2 x 4 1/2.   Perfect fit. .  After sealing, I put the warning label over the seal  to ensure it stays closed.   And yes, $2 is a fair price along with 3 for $5 .  

I never thought about offering 3 for $5! That's a great idea! I ordered some more of those molds from Amazon and plan to phase out clams as soon as I run out!