Fragrance oils vs essential oils ?🤷‍♀️

Claudia

34 minutes ago, Claudia said:

I’m I newbie in this industry soy wax candles , I’m having hard time whit the cold throw and hot throw . What can I do in order that get a really good point?

HT comes from a balance between your wax, fragrance, wick and container. 

If you let us know what specifically you are using we can help guide from there.

wax (example 464)

wick (example cd10, eco2, etc)

container dimensions (inside measurements)

container shape

container material (glass, metal, etc)

fragrance (who from, what scent and how old it is)

any colorant?

how long was the candle cured?

Hi , I’m using Millenium soy wax 

wicks Eco 16 6” or CD 16

and I’m working on big containers coconuts shell , and Dough bowls with 16 oz of wax .

the fragrance I’m getting them from The flaming candle and Lone star .

TY for your response .

4 hours ago, Claudia said:

Hi , I’m using Millenium soy wax 

wicks Eco 16 6” or CD 16

and I’m working on big containers coconuts shell , and Dough bowls with 16 oz of wax .

the fragrance I’m getting them from The flaming candle and Lone star .

TY for your response .

Ah, I can’t help with those types of containers.  They are all different dimensions, making wicking a moving target. 

soy wax needs pretty hot flame and container that promotes air convection to burn effectively and throw well.

I will never use or endorse any candle container made of combustible materials. You may want to look into the ASTM candle safety protocol.  While many argue ASTM is voluntary, the courts use the ASTM as the basis for litigating cases involving candle fires. Combustible containers would likely be a quick  judgement for the plaintiff (customer) regardless of any warning stickers. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

Ah, I can’t help with those types of containers.  They are all different dimensions, making wicking a moving target. 

soy wax needs pretty hot flame and container that promotes air convection to burn effectively and throw well.

I will never use or endorse any candle container made of combustible materials. You may want to look into the ASTM candle safety protocol.  While many argue ASTM is voluntary, the courts use the ASTM as the basis for litigating cases involving candle fires. Combustible containers would likely be a quick  judgement for the plaintiff (customer) regardless of any warning stickers. 

Thanks for let me know !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Claudia said:

Thanks for let me know !

For whatever reason wooden bowls became popular for candles.  The candle suppliers often have a little tiny font warning that they are not for use to make candles 🙄

I make containers like them instead out of stoneware ceramic. It soon will be cool enough to get back out to the ceramic workshop and run the kiln. Christmas is coming!!!