Rice bran oil

Karen Ov

I seen an article saying you can put this oil directly onto the skin and face. I would eventually like to use it in a sugar scrub, but curious about it for the skin,( anti-aging). I am very unfamiliar with oils, so would like some advice. TY

it feels similar to olive oil i many ways. 

I skip the anti-aging "benefits" or similar marketing words in products as it puts the product in the Drug category. Both Drug and Cosmetic products fall under the jurisdiction of the FDA.   I am not a licensed facility with clinical lab testing performed to prove the "benefits" needed to comply with the FDA requirements. If I were unlucky words that imply such would open me to FDA inspections (and fines) on an annual basis. 

2 hours ago, Karen Ov said:

So i shouldn't put things like that on a label?  

To be on the safe side, I don’t. A fellow soap making friend had the words “smells medicinal” on her web site to describe a eucalyptus scent of soap. That triggered the first FDA inspection for some oddball reason.  Two inspectors showed up at her door, began inspecting her home facility and handed her a list of things to “fix” immediately at her operation to avoid fines and immediate shutdown.  Follow up inspection came a couple of months later, and were scheduled to be annual if no other issues found. No way no how would I wish that upon anyone. There are too many bored rabble rousers looking for entertainment.

8 hours ago, TallTayl said:

To be on the safe side, I don’t. A fellow soap making friend had the words “smells medicinal” on her web site to describe a eucalyptus scent of soap. That triggered the first FDA inspection for some oddball reason.  Two inspectors showed up at her door, began inspecting her home facility and handed her a list of things to “fix” immediately at her operation to avoid fines and immediate shutdown.  Follow up inspection came a couple of months later, and were scheduled to be annual if no other issues found. No way no how would I wish that upon anyone. There are too many bored rabble rousers looking for entertainment.

Wow!! Thats kind of scary. Your friend must have been like what the what.. How could anyone know that. This info is really good to have. I will definitely not put anything like that on my labels.😬  Thank You.💐

• Like 1