Candle Jars From Overseas

Has anyone here purchased candle jars from overseas via Alibaba? If you have, what’s the good, the bad and the ugly please?  I know it’s always best to buy USA made but the particular jar I want has no USA suppliers that I can find. Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/14/2021 at 10:30 PM, burnsv1 said:

Has anyone here purchased candle jars from overseas via Alibaba? If you have, what’s the good, the bad and the ugly please?  I know it’s always best to buy USA made but the particular jar I want has no USA suppliers that I can find. Thanks

Yep. Advise against it. The jars were gorgeous. Performed well too. BUT, you’ll likely notice that upon reordering, the price jumps up. Plus I’m fairly certain my CC number got stolen. It’s just super risky. But in the current landscape, do what you gotta do. 

• 1 year later...
On 8/14/2021 at 7:30 PM, burnsv1 said:

Just find whichever jar you want and talk directly with the manufacture. You will get broken jars but thats just the nature of ordering glass. All the big candle wax suppliers buy them from Alibaba. I found the exact jars Makesy sells and they are only 50 cents each then they mark them up to $6 lol. I have also seen all the Valuspa jars there. Only downside is you have to purchase 500-1000 at a time. They want your business for a long time, so just talk with them and work out a deal. I have ordered a lot of my fishing gear ( not cheap gear) from China and Japan and haven't had a bad experience yet.

• Like 1