Make a renuzit air freshener

Karen Ov

Way back when i tried this type. Weren’t they called smelly jellies once upon a time?   It worked, I guess, in that it made a scented blob that shrank as the water evaporated.  It smelled in the direct vicinity, but not like a commercially made one.  

the commercially made ones have different fragrance “throwers” and components to help it evaporate in a controlled way to get into the air without shriveling up too fast. 

My observations of the fragrance component is that it’s like the plug ins that contain the methyl ethers. Or the reed bases that have volatile components that are easily carried by air. 

there’s nothing to lose trying these recipes out. They can be fun.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TallTayl said:

Way back when i tried this type. Weren’t they called smelly jellies once upon a time?   It worked, I guess, in that it made a scented blob that shrank as the water evaporated.  It smelled in the direct vicinity, but not like a commercially made one.  

the commercially made ones have different fragrance “throwers” and components to help it evaporate in a controlled way to get into the air without shriveling up too fast. 

My observations of the fragrance component is that it’s like the plug ins that contain the methyl ethers. Or the reed bases that have volatile components that are easily carried by air. 

there’s nothing to lose trying these recipes out. They can be fun.

Ty. I guess it would be better to make for fun rather than to sell. Would be a nice project to do with the kids. Maybe for gifts for the holidays.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I did this last year, and made “jelly” skulls for Halloween. I’m going to be honest, it turned out to be pretty messy. I used Love Spell fragrance oil, and it was so strong it made me sick. I still have yet to use Love Spell in anything since. I don’t think I’ll ever use that scent again, that’s how much it ruined it for me lol! 

• Like 2