Ultra core wicks - anyone try these?

NightLight

New Ultra-Core Wicks are made in the USA and are a 100% natural option for your container candles. The fibers used to construct Ultra-Core Wicks provide an incredible burn in all of the waxes! We tested soy, paraffin, coconut, palm, beeswax, candle gel and many hybrid blends and the Ultra-Cores did not fail! We kept testing different variations because we couldn’t believe it that finally, one wick burns everything! 

The Ultra-Core unique knitted patented design allows the wax to flow through the fibers easier to fuel your flame and improve your melt pool resulting in a much better burning candle. Improved meltpools mean less tunneling and your hot fragrance throw will be stronger too. Ultra-core wicks burn with a shorter, hotter flame which means little or no soot and smaller mushrooms. 

The core in the middle keeps your wick straight, which not only makes candle production much easier, the Ultra-core will not curl, sag or bend as the candle burns. 

The sizing system of Ultra-Core wicks is easy to understand too. The wick number (1.45, 1.651, 1.792, 2.0, etc.) represents the melt pool diameter after 2 hours of burning in a 140-degree paraffin wax. 

This size is a starting point for your wick selection and adjustments may need to be made depending on the wax used, fragrance, color, additives etc. 

Why we LOVE Ultra-Core Wicks: 
-Made in the USA -Burns in all waxes - no need for multiple type wicks for each wax 
-Improved melt pools = stronger hot fragrance throw 
-Little or no soot 
-Wicks stay straight in the jar - no wick sag! 
-Shorter flames are safer in containers 
-No tunneling - candles burn to the edge of the container 
-No curl & smaller mushrooms -Great for Multi-wick candles -Sizing is easier to understand 

ALWAYS TEST BURN YOUR CANDLES but here are some recommendations based on our testing. 
-Trim your wicks to ¼ inch or less. 
-Palm wax and low melt point paraffins burn very easy - size down accordingly 
-Size up for beeswax candles.

How deep is the depth of melt pool using Ultra Core?  I wanted to try this one, but I passed on it because I did not like the depth of melt pool that shows on their website.  And only supplier I was able to locate was Swan Candle which only carry small sizes.  May I ask where you got them?

Supposedly bath and body works uses ultra core. If you like that kind of burn, and use a similar paraffin wax, it might be a good fit. 

I have the full set. They are by no means a magic bullet, but with some wax and FO and container combos they can work ok, just like other wick series.  

take note: They get progressively hotter as the candle burns.  

You will be fooled by the first burn into thinking it is too small, but by the second burn notice the inferno building. if you do nothing, the third burn will be wild. Trimming prior to lighting does not fix even slight overwicking. If it is overwicked in the slightest the result will be swift.

I had to keep wicking down down down as coconut blend and paraffin candles burned to find one that would not get dangerously hot by the end. The knit of the wick threads versus the braid makes them much more efficient at drawing fuel, which builds those hot flames. 

they do develop carbon balls pretty early on and need maintenance to minimize soot and the thick smoke after extinguishing. 

on the positive side, at least there is a core, so they don’t create a drastic off center melt pool like curling wicks. 

• 8 months later...
Guest Carlee
On 7/2/2021 at 5:39 PM, LMR said:

Those sound too good to be true.  I'd love to hear if anyone has experience with them! Where can I buy them?

Hey there! I actually run a candle supply store in Columbus, Oh called Columbus Candle Supply! We carry Ultra Core 2.0 & 3.0 wicks!! They're so great!