Favorite Fall Scents and Scent Blends? I'm ready!

Belinda

I am not a floral or clean scent person so I'm ready for some spicy, pumpkin, bakery scents!

What are your favorite old and even new Fall scents?

One that I've bought but haven't put in wax is Midwest Fragrance Co. cinnamon buns! I can smell the dough and cinnamon and it's one of the most realistic ones I've smelled so far. I'm excited to put this one in wax and hope to do so soon.

Another one- Ginger Vanilla-type from Maple Street. Haven't put it in wax yet either but it smells really good OOB. I'm not quite sure if it's a Fall scent but it's good.

Caramel Sticky Buns from Midwest Fragrance Co is another one that smells delicious OOB and I'm excited to try.

Some old stand by's that I can't get enough of are-

Harvest Pumpkin-Cierra,

Pumpkin Pecan Waffles-FB or Flaming but I hear Midwest has a great one too,

Apple Cinnamon-Flaming, Lone Star or Fragrance Buddy,

Pumpkin Pie-Bitter Creek North,

Pumpkin Peanut Brittle-FB or Community. The one from Community doesn't have a smoky note to it that the one from Fb does and it might actually smell more like the original but I've never smelled that one. Either one is delicious to my nose though!

Pumpkin Pie Spice-RE

Cinnamon Broom-FB

Cinnamon Sugared donuts-FB

Banana Nut Bread-Cajun or CS but plan to try the one from Midwest too

As far as blends go I'm just not that good at it but I'm going to try some new ones. Maybe spicy gingerbread with something, Hill Billy Homebrew with pumpkin spice, 

I suck at blending! LOL!

Pumpkin Sugared Donuts-FB

Sugared Cronut-Lone Star-Haven't put this in wax yet but it smells good OOB.

• Like 1

I love blending!   A surprisingly good blend is lavender/pumpkin.  I do a 50/50 with straight lavender and pumpkin pie spice.   If you have a less spicy pumpkin I think it it would be even better.  This would be a good transition from summer to fall scent since it has a bit of both.   Another blend I do is apple fritter: CS mac apple and cinnamon buns 50/50.   (you might try apple spice and cin sugared donuts to see if you like it) Another blend you can try is orange/gingerbread.  For  straight up no blending, I LOVE pumpkin cupcake from FB.  Hillbilly homebrew with pumpkin spice sounds good!  Let me know if you like it.

Edited by franu61
typos
  • Like 2

@franu61, I would have never dreamed of combining lavender and pumpkin. Very interesting. Orange Gingerbread sounds good.

I have blended a little. Once I had some gingerbread I wasn't crazy about and blended it with pumpkin.  

I have some Pecans & Pralines from Peak. Never cared for it, not sweet enough. Last Christmas I blended it with Sugar Cookie and vanilla I think, named it Nutcracker and it sold like crazy. Silly me didn't save the recipe but I'm sure it was just some vanilla and/or sugar cookie..

• Like 2

Some of your favorites are also mine Belinda. Some others:

#1 Leaves - Aztec

Pumpkin Cheesecake Aztec

Cinnamon Stick - CS Others have good Cinnamon Stick too, but CS is my favorite

Pumpkin Caramel Crunch -CS

Snickerdoodle - CS

Grandma's Kitchen -Mill Creek

Harvest Spice - Mill Creek

Hillbilly Homebrew - Mill Creek

Chestnuts & Brown Sugar - JS

Celtic Moonspice - RE

Spiced Pumpkin Latte - RE

Apple Cider Donut- Candlewic

Pumpkin Chai - Candlewic

Chai - Flaming Candle (Customers love this one, I call it Cinnamon Chai)

Home Sweet Home - NG

Apple Cinnamon Streusel - NG

Hot Orange Danish - NG

On 6/30/2021 at 8:29 PM, franu61 said:

I love blending!   A surprisingly good blend is lavender/pumpkin.  I do a 50/50 with straight lavender and pumpkin pie spice.   If you have a less spicy pumpkin I think it it would be even better.  This would be a good transition from summer to fall scent since it has a bit of both.   Another blend I do is apple fritter: CS mac apple and cinnamon buns 50/50.   (you might try apple spice and cin sugared donuts to see if you like it) Another blend you can try is orange/gingerbread.  For  straight up no blending, I LOVE pumpkin cupcake from FB.  Hillbilly homebrew with pumpkin spice sounds good!  Let me know if you like it.

Those sound amazing even the lavender and pumpkin one, which I would've never thought about blending together! I defiantly want to try apple spice with cinnamon sugared donut and Mac apple with cinnamon buns! 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, GailC said:

Some of your favorites are also mine Belinda. Some others:

#1 Leaves - Aztec

Pumpkin Cheesecake Aztec

Cinnamon Stick - CS Others have good Cinnamon Stick too, but CS is my favorite

Pumpkin Caramel Crunch -CS

Snickerdoodle - CS

Grandma's Kitchen -Mill Creek

Harvest Spice - Mill Creek

Hillbilly Homebrew - Mill Creek

Chestnuts & Brown Sugar - JS

Celtic Moonspice - RE

Spiced Pumpkin Latte - RE

Apple Cider Donut- Candlewic

Pumpkin Chai - Candlewic

Chai - Flaming Candle (Customers love this one, I call it Cinnamon Chai)

Home Sweet Home - NG

Apple Cinnamon Streusel - NG

Hot Orange Danish - NG

Oh yes! How could I forget about some of those! I don't think I cared for snicker doodle from CS much so I might send that one to you. I have it from CW too and although it's good and strong it reminds me of brewed tea for some reason. I had even thought about mixing sugar cookie and cinnamon together for a snicker doodle scent but just haven't yet, or maybe sugar cookie dough and cinnamon. I love snicker doodle from JS but it smells like maple cream to me. Is that what a snicker doodle cookie is supposed to smell like? I always thought they had a cinnamon note but not sure. This one smells like maple so I call it maple cream cookies but I love it.

7 hours ago, Belinda said:

Oh yes! How could I forget about some of those! I don't think I cared for snicker doodle from CS much so I might send that one to you. I have it from CW too and although it's good and strong it reminds me of brewed tea for some reason. I had even thought about mixing sugar cookie and cinnamon together for a snicker doodle scent but just haven't yet, or maybe sugar cookie dough and cinnamon. I love snicker doodle from JS but it smells like maple cream to me. Is that what a snicker doodle cookie is supposed to smell like? I always thought they had a cinnamon note but not sure. This one smells like maple so I call it maple cream cookies but I love it.

I always thought that Snickerdoodle cookies smelled like cinnamon too, but CS smells like maple too, like you're describing JS's. In fact, CS Snickerdoodle reminds me of Pumpkin Pecan Waffle, guess that's why I like it.

I ordered Snickerdoodle from VA Candle Supply and it smells like cinnamon.  I'm sure cinnamon and sugar cookie would make a nice Snickerdoodle.

• Like 1

A Fall favorite of mine that nobody else ever seems to associate with that time is orange ginger (like the B&BW aromatherapy one).  Ginger is a great warm, Autumnal spice, and the orange brings to mind the pomanders that are always around during the holidays.  Orange clove is another.  I haven't bought either in a while so I would love to hear from you all what's available and good now in those scents.  Hansel & Gretel's House is another favorite, but it's probably been reformulated so I don't know how good it is now; I think the sweets aspect puts me in mind of Halloween candy, and the witchiness implied with the name.  :)  A lot of candy scents, for that matter, get associated with Fall in my head.  Candy corn and others.  Witches Brew, too, so I'm hoping some of you can suggest good ones now.

I will be following this thread closely to get all your apple, pumpkin, candy, spice, Witches Brew, etc. recs!

• Like 3

I get heavy Autumn/Fall vibes from FB's Circus Concession. It has a maple syrup/candy apple scent. Indigo's County Fair is in the same vein, I actually think they may be from the same supplier. I'm going to be ordering a ton of Fall scents as soon as someone has a sale so I'll definitely report back soon.

On 7/1/2021 at 9:25 AM, GailC said:

@franu61, I would have never dreamed of combining lavender and pumpkin. Very interesting. Orange Gingerbread sounds good.

I have blended a little. Once I had some gingerbread I wasn't crazy about and blended it with pumpkin.  

I have some Pecans & Pralines from Peak. Never cared for it, not sweet enough. Last Christmas I blended it with Sugar Cookie and vanilla I think, named it Nutcracker and it sold like crazy. Silly me didn't save the recipe but I'm sure it was just some vanilla and/or sugar cookie..

I want to try this one! I have Pecans and Pralines from Peak. Blending it with sugar cookie sounds so good. I might try blending it with a pumpkin scent too and see what happens.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, GhostHauntings said:

I get heavy Autumn/Fall vibes from FB's Circus Concession. It has a maple syrup/candy apple scent. Indigo's County Fair is in the same vein, I actually think they may be from the same supplier. I'm going to be ordering a ton of Fall scents as soon as someone has a sale so I'll definitely report back soon.

I LOVE Circus Concession! And you're right about the one from Indigo being the same. Fragrance Buddy was supposed to have a sale for the 4th but I haven't received an email from them yet about the sale. I love most all of their pumpkin fragrances.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Darbla said:

A Fall favorite of mine that nobody else ever seems to associate with that time is orange ginger (like the B&BW aromatherapy one).  Ginger is a great warm, Autumnal spice, and the orange brings to mind the pomanders that are always around during the holidays.  Orange clove is another.  I haven't bought either in a while so I would love to hear from you all what's available and good now in those scents.  Hansel & Gretel's House is another favorite, but it's probably been reformulated so I don't know how good it is now; I think the sweets aspect puts me in mind of Halloween candy, and the witchiness implied with the name.  :)  A lot of candy scents, for that matter, get associated with Fall in my head.  Candy corn and others.  Witches Brew, too, so I'm hoping some of you can suggest good ones now.

I will be following this thread closely to get all your apple, pumpkin, candy, spice, Witches Brew, etc. recs!

Iihaven't smelled the reformulated version of Hansel and Gretel'siHouse from CS. I think Indiana has it but I don't know if it's been reformulated.  It does smell good though.

I have yet to find a candy corn scent that really smells like candy corn to my nose. Maybe I need to take a candy corn FO and add some sweetness to it to make my own version. 

I'm also looking for a good orange spice! I absolutely LOVE All Hallows Eve from BCN! It's very orange smelling with some sweetness. It's strong too! I forgot to list that onei

I know everyone loves Banana Bread fragrance oils, but I love Banana Walnut Cake from RE. Their Toasted Marshmallow is to die for! Apple Cinnamon, Cinnamon Sticks, Clove,  Hot Orange Danish, and Pumpkin Crunch Cake from NG. Harvest Moon from Northwood. Blueberry Pumpkin Patch and Peaches and Pumpkin Pat h from Aztec...

• Like 2

20 hours ago, LMR said:

I know everyone loves Banana Bread fragrance oils, but I love Banana Walnut Cake from RE. Their Toasted Marshmallow is to die for! Apple Cinnamon, Cinnamon Sticks, Clove,  Hot Orange Danish, and Pumpkin Crunch Cake from NG. Harvest Moon from Northwood. Blueberry Pumpkin Patch and Peaches and Pumpkin Pat h from Aztec...

Banana Nut Bread is my all time favorite and i LOVE Banana Walnut Cake from RE because I can actually smell the nuts and it doesn't smell like banana taffy to me. I've used it for my banana nut bread fragrance before. I also love their toasted marshmallow. I don't get any toasted notes in it but that's ok. It's so yummy I can look past that. Maybe I should add a little bit of marshmallow fireside or firewood scent to it to get a toasted note? Hmm, more blending to do LOL!

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, franu61 said:

@Belinda Any word on a sale from Fragrance buddy?

Nothing! Gail and I have both been watching our emails like hawks waiting on it but nothing. I'm hoping they will have one soon though! Their last email in May said they were testing a lot of new FO's to have for their fourth of July sale but I'm guessing they didn't get around to doing that or something.

9 hours ago, Belinda said:

Nothing! Gail and I have both been watching our emails like hawks waiting on it but nothing. I'm hoping they will have one soon though! Their last email in May said they were testing a lot of new FO's to have for their fourth of July sale but I'm guessing they didn't get around to doing that or something.

Thanks!  Please keep me posted if you hear of one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, awnl said:

@franu61 your scent blends sound amazing. I'd never think of that blending combo. How strong are the scents from FB? 

The ones I've tried are pretty strong.  They even hold up in CP soap.    FB is pretty new to me tho, others might have a more detailed experience with them.

Just wanted to add my 2 cents on the lavender pumpkin. It is a lovely combo that has an upscale spa vibe about it. I loved the combo when I tried it. 

I tend to do many of the same scent blends from year to year but to rotate some out and add a few new ones. But those that are keepers I continue because customers get mad at me if I don't, they continue to be best sellers year after year, and I already have many of the oils already in stock and simply reorder as I run out and this saves me money.\

Having said all that here are some of my fall best sellers:

Cinnamon Broom - FB

Cinnamon Apple - blend of cinnamon broom FB, macintosh apple CS, and christmas splendor C&S

Pumpkin Pie Spice - blend of CS pumpkin pie & pumpkin souffle

Cranberry Orange Spice - blend of CS cranberry marmalade and C&S orange

Warm Autumn Spice - Fillmore's nutmeg & ginger

Blueberry Pumpkin - JS, this is a fairly new one that made a big hit so kept it

Frosted Gingerbread - blend of FB gingerbread and JS buttery gingerbread

Pumpkin Streudel - blend of CS struedel & spice and Fillmore's pumpkin chutney

Dutch Apple Pie - blend of Peak's/Keystone warm apple pie and FB pie crust

I usually do 14 fall scents and add another 7 christmas as I start selling christmas candles in September along with fall line.

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/2/2021 at 3:57 PM, Darbla said:

A Fall favorite of mine that nobody else ever seems to associate with that time is orange ginger (like the B&BW aromatherapy one).  Ginger is a great warm, Autumnal spice, and the orange brings to mind the pomanders that are always around during the holidays.  Orange clove is another. 

I would love to find an orange clove.  Do you remember where you found it?

GoldieMN