Wax 4786 or Problend 650

Cathydiamond

Hello , Having difficulty deciding on waxes for wax melts. Love 4786 for my wax melts  .Does anyone use it? I just find scent doesn't last long and find it doesn't accept all oils. When  I use Para Soy the scent seems to last longer and stronger with some. Any advise would  be grateful!

2 hours ago, Cathydiamond said:

Hello , Having difficulty deciding on waxes for wax melts. Love 4786 for my wax melts  .Does anyone use it? I just find scent doesn't last long and find it doesn't accept all oils. When  I use Para Soy the scent seems to last longer and stronger with some. Any advise would  be grateful!

I"ve used both and like both of them but haven't really tested them to the extent I should. I really like 4786 for candles though. I think it has a great throw and I love the hardness of it in a container. I also think it would hold up better in heat which is what we have a lot of down here in Texas. I have some candles poured in 4630 though and might test it against 4786.

As far as Problend, I like that wax too. I love the way it smells out of the bag. I mix it with some more paraffin to smooth it out though. I can't stand the ripples it gets. I think the cold throw on it is much better than all paraffin. I have been on the fence about all of this for almost 9 years now and all I can say is I think the oils makes the biggest difference but I could be very wrong. There are vendors who do very well with a para/soy blend, all paraffin or all soy. I think the majority of wax melt makers use para/soy though. I guess I really need to take better notes on my testing LOL! 

I bought some wax from two different vendors recently and one was a para/soy blend and the other is all paraffin plus I had some I had made with birthday cake and a blend of pro blend and some more paraffin (I'm thinking 4625 or 4794). All were birthday cake scent. They all smelled like a similar birthday cake oil was used but I have no way of knowing if that's the case. Anyway, I thought one was throwing better than the other but on the second testing it didn't seem that way so who knows. I'm going to send some to a wax friend and see if she can tell. I honestly don't think the difference will be enough to make a call one way or the other though. I think as long as you use good oils and your methods are consistent that you'll have a great throwing max melt. I just wish I could make up my mind on which wax I want to stick with myself LOL!