Pourette Plastic Molds

Hi, 

I have got some of the old plastic pourette molds and want to try them out. I have heard that using stearic acid in them will melt the molds. 

I need to use a mold release spray as well, and some sort of moulding putty to hold the wax in. I’m kinda newbie to all of this, so from what I have been reading I should be using cooking oil as a release agent, blutak for moulding putty and vybar in my paraffin wax. Can anyone confirm this? I don’t want to wreak my molds. 

Thanks everyone

I would use a silicone release spray. 

what wax do you plan to use? Stearic acid won’t generally ruin the mold.  Perhaps palm wax is a no go because it is poured at 200+*F, and stearic acid (a type of palm wax) was lumped into that wax category?

you, may want binder clips to hold the mold halves together. Seems challenging to have to putty the seams. 

vybar is only needed for waxes that do not already contain it.  Most pillar paraffin blends that would be used in your molds already contains it. Vybar is a polymer “glue” to hold excess fragrance in suspension to prevent it from sweating out. You may want to try your wax plain with no color or fragrances until you figure out the pour temps needed.