Price Hike

CLVC

How are yall handling the price increase with wax especially? We still have about 10 boxes left from what we purchased at the beginning of the year. Is anyone taking a price increase on products? Or are you just eating the extra cost?

17 hours ago, Cross-stitch said:

I don't know about item increases, but shipping is what kills me.  I look around for days/weeks before deciding if I really want an item because of that.

I can totally see this happening. Used to happen to me at the beginning but now I buy a lot of oil that will last 6 months. This way the cost of shipping is reasonable. I'm also lucky that I have 3 candle supply store close to me for wax. 

• Like 1

Raised my prices this year.  No one has balked.  I used to sell my 4 oz tins for $6 each.  Raised to $7 or 3/$20. Same with my 4 oz bars of soap.  I let them mix and match the bundle (soap and /or candle)  This actually helped my sales, I am selling more bundles now.  :) 

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/25/2021 at 3:21 PM, Cross-stitch said:

What kind of wax are you looking for?  

Sorry, I never saw this.  I use IGI 4627.  Thing is, the main manufacturer of this wax is only about half an hour from me, but I can't get them to sell to me.  They only supply to large distributors.  I just had to order wax again from Aztec.  A case is now four pounds less (46 pounds instead of 50) and cost $.50 more than it did the last time I ordered just a few months ago.  Ugh! I may have to call the manufacturer again or go beat on their door!!!

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

Due to the pandemic the cost of everything is going up...at this point your customers won't be surprised if you increase your prices.

Cost of my jars have increased too, not just the wax...so there's no way I can eat the cost...I increased my prices by 2- 3 bucks.

Edited by Testing123