Your thoughts on Northwood ?

WaxingPoetic

Hi guys ! Just curious if any of you have ordered FO’s from Northwood Distributing & what your thoughts are, if so. I placed a small order today, because they have a candy apple scent ( Old Fashioned Candy Apple ) that isn’t a Winter Candy Apple dupe, which is very hard to find, for some reason.

With the exception of Old Fashioned Candy Apple ( 4 Oz ) I got all 1 Oz bottles in the following :

Tropical Vacation

Sugar

Banana Pudding 

Pineapple Sherbet

Pumpkin Cider

Sea Salt & Coconut

Autumn Magic

Ice Cream Party

They have some really nice sounding scents, it was hard to narrow it down, but I do try to not go completely crazy with a supplier that’s new to me, lol. Especially one that I haven’t seen mentioned much here.

I can do OOB reviews & also review them in wax when I receive them / get them poured, if anyone is interested.

Edited by WaxingPoetic

35 minutes ago, WaxingPoetic said:

Hi guys ! Just curious if any of you have ordered FO’s from Northwood Distributing & what your thoughts are, if so. I placed a small order today, because they have a candy apple scent ( Old Fashioned Candy Apple ) that isn’t a Winter Candy Apple dupe, which is very hard to find, for some reason.

With the exception of Old Fashioned Candy Apple ( 4 Oz ) I got all 1 Oz bottles in the following :

Tropical Vacation

Sugar

Banana Pudding 

Pineapple Sherbet

Pumpkin Cider

Sea Salt & Coconut

Autumn Magic

Ice Cream Party

They have some really nice sounding scents, it was hard to narrow it down, but I do try to not go completely crazy with a supplier that’s new to me, lol. Especially one that I haven’t seen mentioned much here.

I can do OOB reviews & also review them in wax when I receive them / get them poured, if anyone is interested.

I'm interested! I have ordered some samples from them before and it seems I liked them fine but they just never became one of my main suppliers. CS has a candy apple that I love but I might have to try the one you got too.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Belinda said:

I'm interested! I have ordered some samples from them before and it seems I liked them fine but they just never became one of my main suppliers. CS has a candy apple that I love but I might have to try the one you got too.

Oh, so the CS one is good ? I should have tossed that in my order yesterday, lol. I placed a small order of samples from there, too ! Thanks for the heads up, I’ll add that next order. I’ll def review my Northwood oils when I get them ! They seem to have a lot of unique scents, so hoping they’re good, fingers crossed !

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Belinda said:

I feel so stupid right now 😂 I actually checked my CS order confirmation & I did add their candy apple to my order of samples 😂 I should probably slow down on the ordering, when I’ve ordered so much that I can’t remember what I just bought, lol. But I know that won’t stop me. Really excited to try these two candy apple oils ! 

• Haha 1

I like Northwood. I have ordered from them several times. I'm about to put their Harvest Moon, Blueberry Lavender, Mulberry, and Huckleberry Harvest in wax today and will keep you updated on how they do. I LOVE the smell of the Huckleberry! Their Sugar Cookie is a good one. Glazed Donuts was okay, but not strong enough for me. Their Farmhouse Christmas has great reviews. I have it, but havent used it in anything yet. I was disappointed that I began with this company to try the ribbon and cottonwood  wicks and then both were discontinued!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LMR said:

I like Northwood. I have ordered from them several times. I'm about to put their Harvest Moon, Blueberry Lavender, Mulberry, and Huckleberry Harvest in wax today and will keep you updated on how they do. I LOVE the smell of the Huckleberry! Their Sugar Cookie is a good one. Glazed Donuts was okay, but not strong enough for me. Their Farmhouse Christmas has great reviews. I have it, but havent used it in anything yet. I was disappointed that I began with this company to try the ribbon and cottonwood  wicks and then both were discontinued!

This sounds so promising, thank you for relying !! How did I miss blueberry lavender, omg ?? That sounds amazing !

3 hours ago, LMR said:

Did you try Farmhouse Christmas? I'm wondering about that one. It sounds like it would be something I'd like.

3 hours ago, Belinda said:

Did you try Farmhouse Christmas? I'm wondering about that one. It sounds like it would be something I'd like.

I use that FO and it is very good in palm wax.  Strong cold and hot throw and a good seller.

• Like 1

On 6/12/2021 at 7:33 PM, Belinda said:

I have to say, I got my CS samples yesterday & I fully agree with you, their candy apple is excellent, at least my OOB impression ! Can’t wait to get some poured & test it in wax. I’m sort of kicking myself for not getting a bigger bottle. 

My Northwood order looks like it’ll be here tomorrow, so yay ! 

• Like 1

Okay, guys - I got my package the other day, & haven’t poured any of these yet, but cannot WAIT to try some of these in wax ! These are solely OOB takes, for now.

Old Fashioned Candy Apple - at first sniff, I was like wtf is this ? 😂 But it really does smell like candy apple to me, just heavier on the ‘ candy ‘ as opposed to CS, which, to me, is heavier on the apple. I LOVE this one & cannot wait to pour it ! 

I love it just as much as CS’s, but in a different way. I got both candied apple oils to try alone, as well as the typical carnival blend a lot of vendors do ( with cotton candy & funnel cake ) so I’ll update when I get them in wax, too.

Sea Salt & Coconut - very heavy on the sea salt, but you can definitely pick up the coconut, too. This comes off as very ‘ fresh ‘ or clean, at least to me. It’s nice. Not sure I’ll do a fb, but I can’t really say that until it’s tested in wax.

Ice Cream Party - ice cream oils never smell like ice cream to me, even when I love the oil ( like WSP Cake Batter Ice Cream, for example ) but this definitely gives walking into a Coldstone Creamery vibes & I love it. 

Will probably blend with Midwest’s vanilla waffle cone. If it’s a good thrower, this will be a fb purchase for sure.

Banana Pudding - this is spot on & just luscious ! Can’t wait to get it poured / tested !

Autumn Magic - Eh…just is just ‘ meh ‘ to me, but I do realize that OOB can be very different than a poured candle or melt, so I’ll try it, regardless. I don’t hate it, but it just smells like walking into a craft store in the fall. Very heavy on the cinnamon with not much else. Will definitely update if it’s different in wax, though.

Pumpkin Cider - THIS, on the other hand, is amaaaaazing smelling 🥰 I’ve never had pumpkin cider ? But this is definitely what I imagine it smelling like. If it throws well, this will definitely be a fb purchase for fall.

Pineapple Sherbet - Not really getting sherbet, but it’s only an OOB impression so far, so that might change in wax. So far, just a sweet pineapple. Very pleasant. Nothing mind blowing or unique.

Tropical Vacation - Pineapple heavy. Very nice, juicy, fruity. Definitely tropical. Not gonna lie, though…comparing this to my recent samples from TFC ? Their Cairn’s Sunset blows this out of the water. 

Sugar - This is nice. It smells more vanilla than anything. It actually smells a lot like a birthday cake oil I used to have ? I’m thinking maybe WSP ? Not exactly, but it puts me in the mind of it. It would be nice to add a little pop of sweetness to a blend that needs it. Nothing I need a fb of anytime soon.

Edited by WaxingPoetic
  • Thanks 1