Coconut Wax with no added Soy or Paraffin

For my candle business, I plan to use primarily Coconut Wax. I was very excited about the Ceda Serica (Coconut Apricot) Wax and ordered it right away, only to later realize that it contains paraffin :(What a disappointment! So now I am on the hunt for a great Coconut Wax that does not have any soy or paraffin added to it. I am thinking a Coconut/Beeswax or Coconut/Beeswax/Apricot Blend may work for me. I have found Accublend's Coconut 84X Wax, but also read the thread on Coconut 83 and someone mentioned that they thought Coconut84X is the same as Stone Candle's Coconut Bar Wax which does contain Coconut/Beeswax/Apricot but also soy. Is there another wax I should be looking at? Are any of you creating candles without any paraffin or soy in them? Should I perhaps work on creating my own wax blend so I do not have to worry so much about the supply chain?

18 minutes ago, kksaltlife said:

For my candle business, I plan to use primarily Coconut Wax. I was very excited about the Ceda Serica (Coconut Apricot) Wax and ordered it right away, only to later realize that it contains paraffin :(What a disappointment! So now I am on the hunt for a great Coconut Wax that does not have any soy or paraffin added to it. I am thinking a Coconut/Beeswax or Coconut/Beeswax/Apricot Blend may work for me. I have found Accublend's Coconut 84X Wax, but also read the thread on Coconut 83 and someone mentioned that they thought Coconut84X is the same as Stone Candle's Coconut Bar Wax which does contain Coconut/Beeswax/Apricot but also soy. Is there another wax I should be looking at? Are any of you creating candles without any paraffin or soy in them? Should I perhaps work on creating my own wax blend so I do not have to worry so much about the supply chain?

I am not convinced any coconut blend is fixed formula. Many qualities change from batch to arch such as color, smell, hardness/softness, wick ability etc. 

wooden wick alias/had a coconut oil with beeswax (likely 50:50). You could make it yourself once you figure out which coconut oil and which specific beeswax to use as all sources vary. I have. It heard anyone that is thrilled with the wax but it is out there.

The issues with coconut oil and beeswax lean toward stability and long term changes in finished candles. 

Coconut oil is in short supply right now, and that problem is going last for a while.

It appears to me that all US coconut wax manufacturers are importing 100% coconut oil/wax from China, and they are just blending them with other waxes in order to make them work as a candle wax.  So, if you want 100% coconut wax, then you will have to get them from China.

What is your reason for trying to avoid soy or paraffin?  Your wick is going to be coated with high melt point paraffin unless you order your own special coated wick using other wax.

I was hoping the Coconut Wax was coming from the Philippines or Indonesia. I am visiting over there next spring so I will keep my fingers crossed that I will get to meet with some good suppliers in those areas. I wish there was more transparency about where the ingredients are sourced. I don't understand all the secrecy about what part of the world it is coming from.

As for paraffin, I have never been a fan, due to the black soot I see that comes from it, and from my daughter's allergens and skin issues that developed after she started burning a lot of paraffin candles in her home.

As for soy, I don't like the links to deforestation from the soy industry as a whole, and I do not like all the chemical processing required to create soy wax with any decent scent throw.

From all that I have read, I prefer to stick with Coconut Wax and Beeswax.

Most coconut oils are imported from Indonesia(#1) in US, and second would be Philippines.  But most hydrogenated coconut oil(wax) will be coming from China.  

If you want to make your own from scratch, then you might want to look at these two in US to play and test.

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/golden-barrel-5-gallon-38-lb-coconut-oil/101COCONUTPL.html

https://bulknaturaloils.com/coconut-oil-rbd-92-degree.html

I was seriously thinking about testing above two, but I settled down with Coconut 83 by Accu-Blend.  *Accu-Blend get their ingredients from China.

Good luck on your search when you go over there!  And keep us updated on how things turned out over there.

Now you've really got me thinking!! For now, I am going to try Coco84X and Ceda Serica Waxes. I will certainly update once I spend some time over there...but that won't be until April/May of 22 assuming travel is not restricted.