Free website with shopping cart

Looking for a new website solution. Currently I am using Square with a square website and can't get any customer support. My website changes quite publishing so I have no control over my current website. I am tired of not being able to contact customer support or get responses from them. So I have been out of a working website for a couple of weeks. BTW Square uses Weebly and I can't contact them either to help. It's a nightmare!

So looking for another solution. I need a website that is easy to build and user friendly. I also need a shopping cart to go with it and don't want to spend money on it.

Don't want to do Etsy or Paypal. I don't care for those platforms.

Any suggestions? What do you use and why?

Nevermind. Got my website up and running again and its better than before. Just have to finish editing it. But at least it publishes again. What a nightmare. I guess Square may be one of the only sites that allows you to have a free website with their shopping cart. Its a Square platform using their payment system which is why I want to keep it. Its totally free and they have updated their website tools so you can make a pretty nice website now. But their customer service needs work. They do answer through emails but don't expect it on the same day. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, birdcharm said:

In think Wordpress has something, but I'm not familiar with it.  Aren't there some fees when you make a sale using a Square shopping cart, or am I thinking of something else? 

I did look into Wordpress briefly a few years back and started an account but ended up never using it. 

Yes Square does charge a % and small trans fee per transaction. All carts do. But the cart and platform itself is free which is huge. You only pay the small fee when you make a sale. There are no monthly usage fees as Square is free to use.

50 minutes ago, Lizzy said:

I recently switched to ECWID and love it! 
Big Cartel is another I am liking a whole lot. I am building my other website on it now. 

Both have excellent support!!

Thanks. Will check it out.

• Like 1

I had used weebly for years.  Just got a notice that square has taken over.  Glad to hear that they are good.  Now, if I can just figure out how to use it.  :)

19 hours ago, Candybee said:

Nevermind. Got my website up and running again and its better than before. Just have to finish editing it. But at least it publishes again. What a nightmare. I guess Square may be one of the only sites that allows you to have a free website with their shopping cart. Its a Square platform using their payment system which is why I want to keep it. Its totally free and they have updated their website tools so you can make a pretty nice website now. But their customer service needs work. They do answer through emails but don't expect it on the same day. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, franu61 said:

I had used weebly for years.  Just got a notice that square has taken over.  Glad to hear that they are good.  Now, if I can just figure out how to use it.  :)

It does have some getting used to but once you start figuring things out you will realize you can do quite a bit with it and make a really nice sharp looking website. They also have upgrades if you want to pay a fee for it. But their basic website builder is enough if you need a decent website that is attractive and functional.

• Like 1