What is everyone’s fave soy wax ?

Hi guys ! So I’m thinking of giving soy a real try this time. I do love my parasoy & I’ll always use that, but I just want to try & perfect soy. 

I’m not going to come on here like “ What’s the BEST soy ? “ because I know how subjective that is & how candlemaking wildly varies for each of us. But I am curious what your faves are ? 

i’n looking for a good container wax & a good wax for melts. I’m looking for what I think everyone looks for in a wax, lol - nice appearance, great hot & cold throw. 

I’ve tried the coconut soy from Flaming & each time I did, that has been AWFUL ! Worst wax I’ve ever tried & I just don’t have the patience to keep trying, lol. Plus, coconut waxes seem to be out of stock everywhere, all the time. So, straight soy it is !

Thanks guys !

Edited by WaxingPoetic

Very subjective ...my suggestion would be grabbing 1 lb samples and trying each. 

I like 464 but it does need some babying...and it can look ugly after burning. C3 is awesome but it too has it's issues. I get a weird smell from it when melting it....which doesn't come through when burning the end result. Every soy has it's pros and cons. In 464 I have to use 8% of FO PPoW whereas in C3 I can use 6% PPoW and get the same level of scent throw. 464 I can pour hotter and get great tops whereas with C3 I have to pour cool. 

Get a few samples and try for yourself. 

For wax melts...I love 494 the best.

• Like 2