Eco Soya CB135 Wicking Nightmare

Hi Guys,

I'm very new to the community but have been following the boards for over a year. I've finally hit a wall and decided to reach out to you guys for help.

I'm finding it very difficult to find the right wick for the Eco Soya CB135. 

Using:

30cl 75mm - Clear glass Jars

Fragrance Load of 8% & 10%

I have probably most of the wick series you can think of in the UK:

Stabilo

Eco

TCR

V Series

VRL

LX

CL - From Candle Shack

Honestly NONE of them are working every single one of them flickers and creates black smoke. Now I don't mind a little flickering now and again but it's allot within the first 30mins of burning, not relaxing at all. You can imagine when It gets to 2/3hrs the flickering is CRAZY. I've wicked up and down on all the series.

I would like to add I'm also wickless testing and I know it's not the most accurate but I can't imagine the flickering I'm experiencing is due to wickless method?

I'm honestly at the point of giving up, not sure where else to go or what steps to take next...

Any help/suggestions would be HIGHLY appreciated 

Thank you

• 4 months later...

Hi! I totally get you I really like CB135 but it has zero scent throw for me, like you said i had issues with different wicks too,  I am about to change my wax!!! I tried wooden wick and it did help me but wooden wick has its own drama lol Also it can get very expensive all these testing! So I advise you to change your wax, or maybe change your fragrance oil? Or look into your temperatures maybe it’s not your wick after all? Candle making is all about different combinations. It looks easy but it’s not. Good luck x