Fillmore UGH

Lizzy

I did away with a few suppliers and figured I'd try a new (to me) supplier...in this case...Fillmore. I was just grabbing a handful of 1 ozers for testing, go to check out, hit calculate shipping....and it showed a whopping 24$ to ship 5 - 1 oz bottles from PA to CT!!! What in the .... ???? Are suppliers losing their minds lately? Wax went up. FO's went up. And shipping is absolutely ridiculous!!! 

6 minutes ago, Lizzy said:

I did away with a few suppliers and figured I'd try a new (to me) supplier...in this case...Fillmore. I was just grabbing a handful of 1 ozers for testing, go to check out, hit calculate shipping....and it showed a whopping 24$ to ship 5 - 1 oz bottles from PA to CT!!! What in the .... ???? Are suppliers losing their minds lately? Wax went up. FO's went up. And shipping is absolutely ridiculous!!! 

What happens if you add, maybe, 5 cases? Sometimes those carts have a high min, then reasonable incremental.

for glass bottles, I typically go with either bulk apothecary or specialty bottle -whichever I am buying other packaging from.  Ebay or Amazon is perfect for a dozen or fewer. 

Fillmore does not offer any flat rate USPS for small things.  So every time I order from there I make sure I have enough to make it worth it.  I think a couple years ago I contacted them about it to see if they would do it but it's just not an option in the shopping cart but they just said no.

11 hours ago, TallTayl said:

What happens if you add, maybe, 5 cases? Sometimes those carts have a high min, then reasonable incremental.

for glass bottles, I typically go with either bulk apothecary or specialty bottle -whichever I am buying other packaging from.  Ebay or Amazon is perfect for a dozen or fewer. 

I was looking to buy Fragrance Oil Samples. I won't buy 16 oz bottles right off the bat with a new supplier. Learned my lesson with that a long time ago. LOL

11 hours ago, pcbrook said:

Fillmore does not offer any flat rate USPS for small things.  So every time I order from there I make sure I have enough to make it worth it.  I think a couple years ago I contacted them about it to see if they would do it but it's just not an option in the shopping cart but they just said no.

They really should implement something though. 24$ shipping for 5 FO samples is insane! Oh well...guess my business will go elsewhere until they do add different shipping options. :)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Lizzy said:

They really should implement something though. 24$ shipping for 5 FO samples is insane! Oh well...guess my business will go elsewhere until they do add different shipping options. :)

I feel your pain. 
from the business’ side, though, small orders are expensive to process.

what samples di you choose? I have a small cache of fillmore FO I will not be using. If I have them I can send them to you.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, TallTayl said:

I feel your pain. 
from the business’ side, though, small orders are expensive to process.

what samples di you choose? I have a small cache of fillmore FO I will not be using. If I have them I can send them to you.

You don't have to do that :) I'm sure I can find them elsewhere. Thanks though ❤️ 

5 hours ago, Lizzy said:

You don't have to do that :) I'm sure I can find them elsewhere. Thanks though ❤️ 

The fragrances are “ok”. you’re not missing out on much if you choose to bypass the retailer. IMO, you get what you pay for with fo. 

Some I like in candles,  just not enough to keep buying them. Iced lemon biscotti is nice and true to the name, my people were not into it. Sad because it threw well 😂

Most faded quickly in soap, so not worth the purchase.

if I see them and think of it I will list what I have in classies in case anyone is interested. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TallTayl said:

The fragrances are “ok”. you’re not missing out on much if you choose to bypass the retailer. IMO, you get what you pay for with fo. 

Some I like in candles,  just not enough to keep buying them. Iced lemon biscotti is nice and true to the name, my people were not into it. Sad because it threw well 😂

Most faded quickly in soap, so not worth the purchase.

if I see them and think of it I will list what I have in classies in case anyone is interested. 

The Iced Lemon Biscotti and Citrus Balsam were on my list....can't even remember the other 3. LOL
I ordered from NYScent instead and like what I got :)

21 hours ago, Karen Ov said:

I was on Just Scents the other day I had 1 pound fo in cart and shipping is through the roof..Theres no way shipping should cost this much..I have not placed my order yet😤

I noticed shipping went waaaaay up now that it's been bought out. :(