Dee

Dee Tugg

How can I use these oils to make body oils or body mists? I’ve never made these things and I see it says no direct contact with skin. I want to find out if these wholesale oils can make oils for skin or fragrance mists where can I find this information out? Like ratios and quantities etc? Thanks

1 hour ago, Dee Tugg said:

How can I use these oils to make body oils or body mists? I’ve never made these things and I see it says no direct contact with skin. I want to find out if these wholesale oils can make oils for skin or fragrance mists where can I find this information out? Like ratios and quantities etc? Thanks

First, look through the IFRA certificate for the individual fragrance oil for safe usage rates in the categories of products you want to make. 

Natures garden, for example, lists the ifra with each fragrance and essential oil on a handy link

819F38DD-0A58-41B5-B3B0-75281503B782.png

click it to see the limits for each category

1C29AB1C-97CE-4DC1-AFB9-FE3D583A1548.png

a description of the categories is below the summary. 

C7110C02-08B8-48E2-9FF2-F7ABCE22A24B.png

2891425B-63CB-4AB8-8EC2-0D4ECD022D3C.png

if the fragrance is within safe range for a product you want to make, such as a perfume, choose the carrier oils you like, such as fractionated coconut oil. 

by weight add the fragrance to the coconut oil at or below the rate on the ifra.

In this case, the fragrance is considered safe at 15.6% in category 4. For 100 gram batch, up to 15.6 grams to 84.4 grams coconut oil would be the max. 

you will need to experiment with carrier oils to find those you like the feel of. 

for body mists, similar math, just sub the coconut oil for a base from places like wholesale supplies plus, essentials by Catalina, etc. 

I would not trust any fragrance on skin without an IFRA certificate.

Some are considered “skin safe” but as minuscule amounts to be laughable. Many people don’t understand how to read the % and create products that are not safe. 
here’s one:

0.01% is a drop in a batch. In a 100 gram batch you would be limited to .01 grams to 99.99 grams of carrier oil. Many people forget what the % sign means and how it is calculated, and mistakenly think 100x0.01 or 1 gram in the batch. That would be 100x the safe limit for use on that category. 

3AC8D328-65F8-45A8-B9E8-8103E846005F.png

22D50638-B0F1-47D1-AB15-B6FAC99A5562.png

• Like 1