Less wet spots?

We Light

Hi y'all, i'm starting to make candles on a lager scale, but am not happy with the heating of the jars in the oven. However the jars I have you can see the wet spot cling on the jar. Any ideas on how to heat the jars without running into the kitchen for the oven? A hot plate or heat lamp perhaps?

You can use a griddle to warm jars, but that doesn’t help much to be honest.

adjust room temp, or work on finding the sweet spot that provides the adhesion with pour temp or adjust your wax.

If you get wet spots on your candles then you wax maybe prone to shrink and warming jars will be temp fix.

Some waxes are made to shrink away from the glass.

Storage - if you make your candles and then store them in cold room even the best made candles can shrink causing wet spots.

• Like 1

I used to use a heat gun to warm my jars, but found it didn't make much of a difference.  So I don't heat my jars any more.

Sometimes my soy candles turn out perfectly; no wet spots. Sometimes every candle in a batch has wet spots; sometimes some do and some don't. Can't figure that one out. Customers don't seem to care. :) 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...