New Venture Role Models are Everywhere, even in seemingly unrelated industries

TallTayl

Sometimes YouTube suggests incredibly helpful videos. Today was no disappointment. Imperial Stock Ranch of Oregon shared their business model changes to shed the low return practices reliant upon volatile commodities, to become profitable through value added niche marketed products. I watched it several times and thought of different things each time. 

the bullet point summary of their successful plan below is simple, succinct and powerful!

The multi sense packaging truly appeals to me, as is the super simple label. One label/tag for everything makes great use of economies of scale at printers. 

09B4B1A8-19D5-4E3B-8BEB-25CE1D971655.png

as so many new people enter our smelly realm, how we approach the market can mean the difference between ongoing business strength and success, and barely leaving the starting gate. How do you differentiate yourself within the market?

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

Here's an interesting DIY candle company, Simply melt, pour and enjoy. They have done a great job with their branding, packaging and website and has a neat story. https://siblings.co/collections/shop 

It came up as an ad on here and I just happened to click on it. Not sure if this is where I should post this, feel free to move it if needed.

On 4/24/2021 at 6:41 AM, Laura C said:

Here's an interesting DIY candle company, Simply melt, pour and enjoy. They have done a great job with their branding, packaging and website and has a neat story. https://siblings.co/collections/shop 

It came up as an ad on here and I just happened to click on it. Not sure if this is where I should post this, feel free to move it if needed.

So many questions....

4 hours ago, TallTayl said:

For them lol

one wick in the kit. Pick any old container. Light after 2 hours. Soooo many questions 

Oh yes, I certainly agree with you. 🤭 I was mainly looking at the surface, I guess you could say, looking at it as a different business model but it definitely could use some more careful thought and execution.

Edited by Laura C

It is a unique spin, for sure! I'm all for it if it is safe.

A video of a bacon grease candle with blue liquid food coloring and blue dawn dish soap came up at about the same time that I watched the videos for your find. The maker was dead serious that it is eco friendly and cleans the air because of the dawn dish soap. *shudder*

• Haha 1