Wick quality issues??

Anyone noticing issues with quality of candle wicks recently?
I have been using the same wicks for over 12 years with good results. Unfortunately the wicker closed up last fall leaving me to find a new supplier.
Now new wicks from both suppliers are not performing like our previous ones did (company that closed up shop). The difference is night and day and how they are performing.
I am at a loss as to what went wrong and need to solve this mystery.

18 hours ago, Coll said:

Anyone noticing issues with quality of candle wicks recently?
I have been using the same wicks for over 12 years with good results. Unfortunately the wicker closed up last fall leaving me to find a new supplier.
Now new wicks from both suppliers are not performing like our previous ones did (company that closed up shop). The difference is night and day and how they are performing.
I am at a loss as to what went wrong and need to solve this mystery.

I’m sorry this is happening to you 😢

Covid related supply chain issues are hitting us everywhere. I remember last year learning HTP changed because of yarn supply. They ended up Re numbering the new ones to help prevent safety related issues. With demand so high, and supply of raw materials so strained,  I would not be surprised if it is happening to other wicks now.

We all need to be vigilant and be sure our suppliers notify us of changes proactively. 

I get so frustrated reading of the increased incidences of candle fires. Baseline testing of new materials is the only way to be certain if your candle materials are still “safe” as-is or if you need to modify to remain “safe”. It sucks out loud to have to test each new batch of wax or fo or wicks. Luck runs out eventually 😢 if we don’t. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.