Water in wax - is it salvageable at all ?

So I just opened my new case of Problend 600 & as it melted down, it was making popping noises :( I had this happen to me years ago & remembered that it was water in the wax. Sure enough, when I poured it, it had the little bead looking thingies that wouldn’t pop. I store my wax away from any moisture, so I’m not sure why this happened to me yet again. Is it the brand, maybe ? Is there any way at all to salvage this wax ? I don’t want to do the turkey baster thing where I remove the water because there seems to be too much, & it would be way too time consuming, so can I just air this out or something ? I ordered a new case, this time I ordered IGI 6006 from another supplier, but I would like to salvage this case too, if it’s possible. Also, probably a VERY dumb question, but burning the candle that I poured is a no go, I assume ? Thanks guys !

Edited by WaxingPoetic

I've had moisture in wax so often (all types) that I now just open the box, cut open any plastic and allow it to dry out a while before I use it.  It'll dry out pretty quickly if you run a dehumidifier or a fan in the same room.  If I have to use wax before it dries out, I just heat and hold for a while before I scent and pour.  Turns out just fine every single time.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, bfroberts said:

I've had moisture in wax so often (all types) that I now just open the box, cut open any plastic and allow it to dry out a while before I use it.  It'll dry out pretty quickly if you run a dehumidifier or a fan in the same room.  If I have to use wax before it dries out, I just heat and hold for a while before I scent and pour.  Turns out just fine every single time.

Omg, thank you so much for the reply ! This is great news, because I felt like crying at the thought of wasting an entire case of wax !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WaxingPoetic said:

Omg, thank you so much for the reply ! This is great news, because I felt like crying at the thought of wasting an entire case of wax !

Shoot. We live in a very humid environment. Heck, our house practically sits on the creek bank. We are forever having to figure out how to dry something! 😜

• Like 1

I had that problem with Problend one time, I told The Flaming Candle about it and sent pics and they refunded me. I'm not saying they'll do the same, but it's worth telling them because after dealing with them for years I've never had a problem unsolved with those guys, you never know, they're very helpful and act like they actually care. I'm assuming that's where you got it seeing as it's their brand :D

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bfroberts said:

Shoot. We live in a very humid environment. Heck, our house practically sits on the creek bank. We are forever having to figure out how to dry something! 😜

Speaking of humidity.... I live in Massachusetts where we get some humid months.  

With that being said, I have 2 sealed cases of 464, same lot.

I was originally thinking, before the humid months start, of melting at least one case and pour it into aluminum pans, then once solid, place them in gallon ziploc bags or something to that effect to avoid the possibility of moist flakes.  I'm thinking as long as the cases remain sealed they might be fine, but once opened and exposed to the elements, the moisture will do its thing. 

Am I overthinking this?  

2 minutes ago, SRez said:

Speaking of humidity.... I live in Massachusetts where we get some humid months.  

With that being said, I have 2 sealed cases of 464, same lot.

I was originally thinking, before the humid months start, of melting at least one case and pour it into aluminum pans, then once solid, place them in gallon ziploc bags or something to that effect to avoid the possibility of moist flakes.  I'm thinking as long as the cases remain sealed they might be fine, but once opened and exposed to the elements, the moisture will do its thing. 

Am I overthinking this?  

In MY experience, the wax doesn't develop moisture after I get it.  It just has moisture in it when it arrives, so I deal with it then and that solves the problem.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, bfroberts said:

In MY experience, the wax doesn't develop moisture after I get it.  It just has moisture in it when it arrives, so I deal with it then and that solves the problem.  

Ahh... Gotcha.  Good to know.  Thank you much!

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/1/2021 at 9:05 PM, bfroberts said:

Just curious, if you don’t mind telling me...how long does yours usually take to dry ? Cause my IGI 6006 came in even wetter, no joke 😩 I mean, the corners of the slabs especially, they look almost mushy. I swear I’m cursed lately or something 😂

I’ve been trying to air out the IGI 6006 slabs for about 4 or 5 days now, with a fan, & the slabs are still very moist. I love my paraffin blends, but I’m * thisclose * to switching to soy, & I never had luck with straight soy, but these wet parasoy slabs are REALLY holding me back a lot.