Candle size label

GretaB

Hey guy, so I am working on the label of my candles, I have a question, my candles are 6.8 oz, should I just put 7oz? I just want to make sure that my customers knows the right weight and don't have problems. Also, my jar is supposed to have a capacity of 5.8 but my wax on it to fill at the line is 6.8 oz. What should I do?

13 minutes ago, GretaB said:

Hey guy, so I am working on the label of my candles, I have a question, my candles are 6.8 oz, should I just put 7oz? I just want to make sure that my customers knows the right weight and don't have problems. Also, my jar is supposed to have a capacity of 5.8 but my wax on it to fill at the line is 6.8 oz. What should I do?

US Weights and Measures laws require the minimum weight of the jar contents to be on the label. Your actual weight can go over, but cannot legally be under. 

wax candles are weighed, not measured in fluid ounces since the finished product is a solid at room temp, and not poured like oil or water. 

I would weigh a decent sample size of your candles to find the minimum weight of all fragrances in the wax you pour. There can be slight differences between fragrances just because of density. 

Put the lowest possible weight on the label. account for any accidental short pours. 

1 minute ago, TallTayl said:

US Weights and Measures laws require the minimum weight of the jar contents to be on the label. Your actual weight can go over, but cannot legally be under. 

wax candles are weighed, not measured in fluid ounces since the finished product is a solid at room temp, and not poured like oil or water. 

I would weigh a decent sample size of your candles to find the minimum weight of all fragrances in the wax you pour. There can be slight differences between fragrances just because of density. 

Put the lowest possible weight on the label. account for any accidental short pours. 

I have the exact amount of wax and Fo that I am using for each candle, and it's exactly 6.8 oz to get at the point that I want. So do you think I should put 7 oz? I am just talking about the label.

Also, this was directly for you, which kind of wick CDN are exactly? cotton?  i wanst able to find it

3 hours ago, GretaB said:

I have the exact amount of wax and Fo that I am using for each candle, and it's exactly 6.8 oz to get at the point that I want. So do you think I should put 7 oz? I am just talking about the label.

Also, this was directly for you, which kind of wick CDN are exactly? cotton?  i wanst able to find it

For 6.8 oz put 6.8 (better 6.75) oz and the number of grams (191) to comply with the US label laws as enforced by the federal trade commission. Listing 7 oz when you know the contents are 6.8 oz is blatantly false advertising.  You can list less, but legally you cannot list more than what is in the jar. 

CDN wicks are the same material as CD, just with a second chemical dip to make them more resistant to acidic waxes. They are Stabilo and Stabilo VRL” wicks by WEDO.

B644C1C0-D8EF-48BC-B2AD-9AB6177130A7.png