Lip Balm - Watermelon Flavor Oil

Grani L

Hello - I hope someone can help. So I made a batch of lip balm and used WSP watermelon flavor oil. Does anyone know if coconut oil masks the scent? I can barely smell it. The IRFA guidelines says 20% for lip products. The recommended percent is 3%. I used 4%, but when I take the lid off, it is almost non existent. At what temperature should I add the flavor oil? I will wait a few more days and see if there is a difference. If anyone can help - I would appreciate it. Thanks

Here’s what Ik ow about lip balm flavorings. Some of the companies dilute theirs quite a bit, I have used from 3 per cent up to 20 per cent. The flavorings are just like fragrance oils. You have to test. Some will be strong others not so.

now it’s important to do test balms on the lips not just by smelling. 3 percent pepppermint eolip balm will be very potent and 20 per cent burn your lips off!

Depends on manufacturer and company you’re buying from.

Also if you are buying a base and adding flavoring you have to stay with a certain percentage or you lip balm will get too soft. If you want to play with percentages in flavoring you need to develop your own formula.

I hate to say this, but I have never been happy with any presweetened lip balm flavor.  And the few I have from crafters choice/WSP didn’t make the cut to use.

I love many from Majestic Mountain Sage (the sage.com) and AromaHaven.  These make up at least 80% of my flavors.

elements has a few nice ones.

I use sugar baby sweetener from the sage.