Has anyone tried the newest batch of Coco83/EasyBeads from CalCandle’s feb sale?

TallTayl

Am I crazy? These are not the same wax formula as the old easybeads or coco83. It smells very different, looks wry different and melts different. The first batch I melted stayed cloudy in the melt pot.

I have a candle ready to light to see if it burns different, but man what a shock to have the wax I have been testing for years come in soooo different. 

ummmm....it is totally not the same and it is definitely not burning the same

Mine was cloudy yellow in the melt pot, the odor is awful and I thought the little pastilles would be so cool to work with and they are a hot mess - messy messy messy🤣

I am not happy with this situation right now at all-  throw is still good but I am having to wick up, well at least in blends I am - I have to be honest I have not tested them straight yet....broke my own rule  

It looks like it's not only CalCandle's batch that is different from past.  I got one in Feb from other supplier, and below statement is on their website.  I say it is burning little different but not too much.  This is my first time with easy beads.  I say HT is still great compare to slab.

BE ADVISED, IF YOU RECEIVED SOME WAX THAT IS SOFT, DO NOT PANIC. WE HAVE TESTED THE WAX OURSELVES AND IT WORKS EXACTLY THE SAME.  WE ALSO REACHED OUT TO THE MANUFACTURER AND THEY ASSURED US THE WAX IS NOT DEFECTIVE BUT THEY DID MENTION THAT THEY WERE EXPERIENCING ISSUES WITH THEIR SLAB MAKING MACHINE'S COOLING SYSTEM. (THIS ALLOWED THE WAX NOT TO HARDEN AS NORMAL) AFTER THE WAX IS HEATED IT WILL RETURN BACK TO ITS NORMAL STATE.

• Like 1

I purchased some coconut wax beads from Candles and Supplies, and could not use the wax. The odor was disgusting. It smelled like canola on a bad day. I tried two testers and it was not a good candlemaking experience.

Also cloudy...

I won’t use any coconut wax blends being sold because they are not consistent, out of stock.

Well... these new ones ARE different in more ways 🤬

aside from the very obvious smell, they pour different. 

I have never had cavities with beads before. saw a pinhole at the top of the new beads. Top old beads.  Bottom new. 

C13A4DB0-9E9D-467D-A440-96E9B15A30C9.jpeg

excavated and discovered this cavity  is about an ounce worth of wax.

D22331D9-CE42-4438-8C46-289A45D47A1A.jpeg

and never ever, ever have I had frosting. 🤬🤬🤬 no matter how hot or cold I poured I never saw frost. Always shrink and wet spots but not frost. 

left my old lot. Right the new. Poured during the same session, same FO, same fo% same liquid dye, same temps. 

EEEAA099-BA97-46A9-AB66-4D01B85E7263.jpeg

also notice the old beads slid down the jar as it cooled.  You Can see the original pour line and the more obvious line of the top of the cooled candle.  The new did not slide, accounting for the void in the center. 

• Shocked 1

This exactly!!!
 I thought I was going crazy- I use colored jars so didn’t notice the frost but the cavities are unreal - the stench is unreal- it stays cloudy at 200* and I’m wicking up up up 

I saw when cooling a few start to sink at the wick so I heat gunned right away - did it again after almost set - lit it a few days later as all appeared ok and I hit the mother load of cavities!!

image.png.0442d2e27e31e1bdbd5d1b5b6fdb717c.png

@TallTayl

Wow!  That really is not behaving like old Coconut 83.

The one I got from other supplier (You know which supplier I am talking about.) did not have problem like your batch from CalCandle.  It is very wet and sticky, and candle came out darker(no dye) than before.  But it is performing nicely(no cavities at all with same great HT) that I should be able to use them.  But who knows what I will end up getting next?

7 hours ago, BusyBee said:

@TallTayl

Wow!  That really is not behaving like old Coconut 83.

The one I got from other supplier (You know which supplier I am talking about.) did not have problem like your batch from CalCandle.  It is very wet and sticky, and candle came out darker(no dye) than before.  But it is performing nicely(no cavities at all with same great HT) that I should be able to use them.  But who knows what I will end up getting next?

Thanks for the feedback.  People are very defensive about that reseller. As if they make it themselves, so only use them 😜😬

it is deja vu of the soy debacle. 

back to the drawing board.