coconut fragrance

Candybee

56 minutes ago, Candybee said:

has anyone ever found a coconut FO that sticks in CP... or even a coconut blend? coconut lime works even thou the coconut is very light. Just wondering if anyone has found any that actually sticks in CP?

Plain old coconut, no. It has been a career long quest to find one. 

weirdly enough, some Hawaiian sandalwoods smell coco nutty in CP.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TallTayl said:

Plain old coconut, no. It has been a career long quest to find one. 

weirdly enough, some Hawaiian sandalwoods smell coco nutty in CP.

I remember Tradewinds Hawaiian Sandalwood. It was incredible in soap. I have not been able to find its equal or even find one other than at AH. AH' one is weak, smells blah, and doesn't stick anyways.

Do you know one that works in CP? You mentioned some do so wondering which one(s) worked for you.

Oh... wanted to add I once found a fragrance that was a bakery scent that had a nice coconuty note in it. For the life of me I can't remember which it was or if it even exists anymore. I do remember it made my batter rice and seperate badly along with some exceleration. It was a demon to soap with but had that lovely toasted coconut note that was awesome in soap.

I like Caribbean Coconut from WSP. It has a warm spice note to it but it’s actually quite nice. Smells like coconut to me but it only lasts about 6 months in my bars. I made a batch last July and it’s barely there now. Despite not having a pronounced scent now— the coconut does still come alive in the shower though. 

I just got a sample of Daystars Coconut and I’m not sure what to think. It smells light and I’m not sure I’m in a rush to test it in soap. Smells like it would be nice in a lotion.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 2/28/2021 at 1:04 PM, Candybee said:

has anyone ever found a coconut FO that sticks in CP... or even a coconut blend? coconut lime works even thou the coconut is very light. Just wondering if anyone has found any that actually sticks in CP?

I absolutely love the coconut fragrance from Candle science, and it does stick.  But it makes the soap brown.