Just Scents no more

CLVC

This

Incline Equity Partners (“Incline”), a Pittsburgh-based private equity firm, is pleased to announce its portfolio company, Wholesale Supplies Plus (“WSP” or the “Company”), a leading B2B distributor of consumable supplies and provider of services to commercial artisans, has acquired Rustic Escentuals (“Rustic”) and Elements Bath and Body (“Elements”).

The acquisitions strengthen the customer experience and share of wallet potential by significantly broadening the Company’s product and service offering.  WSP can now provide the combined customer base an enhanced set of products and capabilities, including a distinctive and extended fragrance and packaging selection.

Founded in 1999, WSP was established to provide commercial crafters with a complete line of raw materials, supplies and packaging for the production of artisan bath, body, cosmetics, candles and other personal care and aromatic products.  With over 16,000 SKUs, and complementary resources and value-added support, WSP is the core business partner to thousands of small business owners.  Rustic was founded in 1999 and Elements in 2002 and, over the years, have both built a similar base of highly-loyal, for-profit crafter customers.

Sam Solomon, CEO of WSP, said, “The acquisitions bolster our position in the market and enable us to provide a more robust offering for the combined customer base.  We look forward to continuing to help our customers succeed as small and home-based business owners.”

“WSP has an exceptional value proposition and is a critical partner to the small and emerging businesses it supplies,” said Evan Weinstein, Partner with Incline.  “The acquisitions will enhance the experience for existing and new customers, which has been our goal since partnering with the Company in May of 2019.”

About Incline Equity Partners:
Incline Equity Partners, headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, is a private equity firm investing in manufacturing, distribution and business services companies. Incline is generally seeking growing companies with enterprise values of $25 – $450 million.  Incline’s typical investment types are ownership transitions for privately held businesses, buyouts and corporate divestitures within the U.S. and Canada.”

• Thanks 1
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, NightLight said:

This

Incline Equity Partners (“Incline”), a Pittsburgh-based private equity firm, is pleased to announce its portfolio company, Wholesale Supplies Plus (“WSP” or the “Company”), a leading B2B distributor of consumable supplies and provider of services to commercial artisans, has acquired Rustic Escentuals (“Rustic”) and Elements Bath and Body (“Elements”).

The acquisitions strengthen the customer experience and share of wallet potential by significantly broadening the Company’s product and service offering.  WSP can now provide the combined customer base an enhanced set of products and capabilities, including a distinctive and extended fragrance and packaging selection.

Founded in 1999, WSP was established to provide commercial crafters with a complete line of raw materials, supplies and packaging for the production of artisan bath, body, cosmetics, candles and other personal care and aromatic products.  With over 16,000 SKUs, and complementary resources and value-added support, WSP is the core business partner to thousands of small business owners.  Rustic was founded in 1999 and Elements in 2002 and, over the years, have both built a similar base of highly-loyal, for-profit crafter customers.

Sam Solomon, CEO of WSP, said, “The acquisitions bolster our position in the market and enable us to provide a more robust offering for the combined customer base.  We look forward to continuing to help our customers succeed as small and home-based business owners.”

“WSP has an exceptional value proposition and is a critical partner to the small and emerging businesses it supplies,” said Evan Weinstein, Partner with Incline.  “The acquisitions will enhance the experience for existing and new customers, which has been our goal since partnering with the Company in May of 2019.”

Incline Equity Partners, headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, is a private equity firm investing in manufacturing, distribution and business services companies. Incline is generally seeking growing companies with enterprise values of $25 – $450 million.  Incline’s typical investment types are ownership transitions for privately held businesses, buyouts and corporate divestitures within the U.S. and Canada.”

Now this makes sense. 

This saddens me :( I loved ordering from Rustic Escentuals and now not so much. I've had wrong orders and it's taking longer to ship. I hope the same doesn't happen with Just Scent. It was nice to be able to place an order and get it the next day or even the following.

Years ago I could drive to the south side of Indianapolis, about 1/2 hour from me, to buy wax and fragrance oil from Bluegrass Candle Supply,  I assume with the name Bluegrass, the company might have once been owned by someone in Kentucky. She operated out of her garage. 

I was sad when she went out of business, but Bluegrass fragrance oils were then available at Elements.

Now Elements has sold to WSP.  

It's like the small family farms are being taken over by the huge corporations. :) 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, NightLight said:

This

Now this makes sense. 

@Belindait was an email. 

I am happy to announce the sale of Just Scent to Wholesale Supplies Plus effective January 19, 2021.

When I started Just Scent 17 years ago, with just 10 pounds of 10 different oils, I never in my wildest dreams thought 
we would have grown as much as we have over the years.  We now offer well over 600 different unique fragrances.  
I am proud to say Just Scent has one of the largest inventories of premium uncut fragrance oils to offer our clients.

It has been my extreme pleasure to have been of service to all the chandlers and soap makers throughout the years.

I am looking forward to stepping away from my computer and candle lab to test the waters of early retirement.  
Many of you are aware that my mother has Alzheimer's.  With the spread of COVID, it has been extremely difficult 
to provide her with the routine and consistent care needed in dealing with her day to day needs.  
This opportunity came at the right time for me to step back and be more available to her at this crucial time.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I was concerned about this, too...not because I don't like WSP, I absolutely love their oils & I will always order from them. But I get frustrated with the slow shipping. I placed an order yesterday, & to my surprise, I got a shipping notice today ! Granted, it was a smallish order, but it gave me hope that maybe things won't go too haywire ? 

• 3 weeks later...

EBB is one of my best FO suppliers. They have good FO prices too. I do use WSP a lot but generally not many of their FOs due to their high prices. I just hope we don't see them dropping some of their FOs during the transition. I have some best sellers from EBB. 😒

9 minutes ago, Candybee said:

EBB is one of my best FO suppliers. They have good FO prices too. I do use WSP a lot but generally not many of their FOs due to their high prices. I just hope we don't see them dropping some of their FOs during the transition. I have some best sellers from EBB. 😒

EBB did have some potent fragrances. The honeysuckle was super strong. Elegant black rose was nice too. Time will tell what happens... 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TallTayl said:

EBB did have some potent fragrances. The honeysuckle was super strong. Elegant black rose was nice too. Time will tell what happens... 

I have been using their Patchouli Honey, Juniper Aloe, Tuscan Lace, Honey L'Occitane, Rocky Mtn Pine (Flickers), Sea Island Grapefruit, to name a few, for years. Many of them are my best sellers! Remember Olive Blossom that they dropped? That was one of my best sellers many years ago until it was discontinued. I hate when new owners drop some of the FOs from the company they just bought out. Makes it a terrible pain in the patootie for us customers who use them in our best selling products!!! Grrrrrr!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Candybee said:

I have been using their Patchouli Honey, Juniper Aloe, Tuscan Lace, Honey L'Occitane, Rocky Mtn Pine (Flickers), Sea Island Grapefruit, to name a few, for years. Many of them are my best sellers! Remember Olive Blossom that they dropped? That was one of my best sellers many years ago until it was discontinued. I hate when new owners drop some of the FOs from the company they just bought out. Makes it a terrible pain in the patootie for us customers who use them in our best selling products!!! Grrrrrr!!

I forgot about Rocky Mountain Christmas from there! If you could not get throw with that in ANY wax it was your own fault, lol. 

As for drops, having our own account with a compounding lab like lebeumuth, Agilex, etc. comes in handy...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

looks like they're operating just like WSP now. I used to be able to order on Sunday evenings, have it shipped by Monday and have my goodies by Wednesday, Thursday at the latest. It's been a week now and my order still hasn't shipped. I have an order from WSP, 2 weeks later still hasn't shipped. Meanwhile, I ordered some samples of jars from China on Tuesday of last week and I got it yesterday. 

• Sad 2

20 minutes ago, CLVC said:

looks like they're operating just like WSP now. I used to be able to order on Sunday evenings, have it shipped by Monday and have my goodies by Wednesday, Thursday at the latest. It's been a week now and my order still hasn't shipped. I have an order from WSP, 2 weeks later still hasn't shipped. Meanwhile, I ordered some samples of jars from China on Tuesday of last week and I got it yesterday. 

That’s terrible 😞 I was hoping that it wouldn’t be like that. Hopefully, they stop buying up all of these companies until they can pull it together with the ones that they already have. They’re really ruining it for us 😩

1 minute ago, WaxingPoetic said:

That’s terrible 😞 I was hoping that it wouldn’t be like that. Hopefully, they stop buying up all of these companies until they can pull it together with the ones that they already have. They’re really ruining it for us 😩

It's really terrible. I totally understand Covid and resources but WSP has been bad before Covid. I hate that they bought JS. You're right, hopefully, they can stop buying until they can get their supply chain together.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...