MASSIVE Sinkholes in soy parafin blend

Emmag1990

Hi guys!!! So... I have absolutely perfected my soy candles (if I do say so myself) with a lush smooth top, no jump lines.. no dips.. but as most people say... I was disheartened with the weak scent throw! So I decided to mix some paraffin into my soy to give me that strong HT. I’m using kerasoy container wax mixed with kerax paraffin container beads.. but I’m getting HUGEEEEE sink holes.... like actual caves.. first of all I got loads so those little airy jump lines all round the walls of the glass container (the ones that look like little cracks) so then I even tried preheating the jar to 55 & pouring at 60... although no jump lines...there is still a lot of sinkholeage going on.. anyone else really struggling with soy blends?? I blended soy 51% to paraffin 49% - I have pics but no idea how to attach them on here lol... any help and tips would be amazing! 

This is a rather complex issue. Not all paraffins and soy blends are a match. It all depends on what is in each independent blend. I wish it were simpler. 

it could be as simple as pouring hotter or cooler. 

pit could be that you only need 10%. Or a 70:30 blend like 6006 or clarus 3022 or 3020.

I learned from wax manufacturers to allow some soak time when blending. Heating and pouring right away sometimes doesn’t get the most out of a blend.  Instead, let it get to temp, sit at that temp for 10-15 minutes, then scent and pour. Or heat, cool completely, then reheat and pour. 

your HT could all come down to your wick choice too. Soooo many variables. 

if your wax smells in the pour pot, but not while burning the culprit is often the wick choice.