Looking for steel or aluminum pots with spigots

Hi all, for years I've been using crock pots for the wax, but would really prefer to have something with a spigot, and have been reading excellent things about the converted Presto pots. My concern is the Teflon-type chemical coating. I'd really prefer true stainless steel or aluminum so there is no off-gassing from the non-stick coating. However, after spending probably 10 hours searching online, I can't find anything except stock pots that would need to be put on a hot plate (that is, they don't come with a heating element). Would it take forever to heat these with a hot plate? Would that even be safe to have a hot plate running for several hours? Thanks for any advice.

3 hours ago, TallTayl said:

Have you seen the electric kettles used for beer making?

This one should hit my doorstep any time now.

https://kegfactory.com/collections/electric-brewing-kettles/products/digiboil-electric-kettle-35l-9-25g-110v

Electric Turkey fryers around thanksgiving are also quite popular. 

That looks interesting.  Do people usually fill it all up and use as needed, reheating each time?  Or heat up what you think you will use each time?

GoldieMN

Thanks! I had actually ordered the DigiBoil a few days ago! I'm a bit worried after reading some reviews that wax can cause the sensor to think you have a dry vessel, causing the heat to shut off. It also voids the warranty if you use wax. But fingers are crossed. I'd also like some smaller vessels for working with different colors.

• Thumbs Up 1

For anyone who is considering the DigiBoil... be advised you're going to need a larger outlet! I just checked behind my appliances (washer/dryer and refrigerator) and don't have anything compatible with this. I did find some adapters online for about $20.

20210220_133247.jpg

Just now, CarrieB said:

For anyone who is considering the DigiBoil... be advised you're going to need a larger outlet! I just checked behind my appliances (washer/dryer and refrigerator) and don't have anything compatible with this. I did find some adapters online for about $20.

20210220_133247.jpg

Which model did you get?

2 hours ago, NightLight said:

I see a 110 and 220 models. Interesting.  I have the old school master built with thermostat.

What do you do about temp regulation? They have three settings?! 

This would be handy.

Mine has a digital key pad to set and forget. 

497BED95-6937-448E-9264-0606394387D1.jpeg

the inside is totally sealed, no places for liquid to clog sensors. I dont see any sensors inside. It is a shiny slick pot. 

188E3A07-D8C0-40A0-AC96-EF6EFD3D6B91.jpeg

it will benefit from an insulated jacket for sure. 

50 minutes ago, NightLight said:

Also two heat setting would be curious how you work with those and wax like lower setting get you to xx temp but higher takes you to max?

Not sure how it will work yet, to be honest.

Here's what a reseller shows:

This DigiBoil model has two built-in heating elements that run off a 110V plug. One element is 1000w and the other is 500w for a combined 1500 watts! The elements can be individually controlled, allowing you to use a single element to gently hold temperatures, or engage both elements to quickly go from steeping temp to boiling. Temperatures are set and automatically maintained through the digital control panel. Simply set your desired temperature and flip on the heating element(s). 

If you go to Candle Science and read the instructions

for their very expansive wax melter, might be the same usage on this one. So higher temp when container is full, then lower temp when half or lower. This actually sounds better as it seems to be self regulating.

I think I would be inclined to put this on lower than standard table top, so you can see where you’re at with wax amount inside, 

• Thumbs Up 1