emulsifying body scrubs

patpat

20 hours ago, patpat said:

How to make my body scrubs creamy?

Creamy consistency in the jar or when applied?

I always start by looking at the ingredient decks of scrubs in the format  I wanted to make. Find the one(s) that are the gold standard, and deep dive into the ingredients.  I tend to compare a dozen or more to find the common ingredients and experiment from there.  

Many times simple things, like fatty alcohols (cetyl, stearyl, PEG, Cetearyl, monostearate, etc.)  versus fatty acids (oils, butters) are the key.

• Like 1

If you want creamy, you have to add creamy depending on your definition. So try adding 10 per cent of a butter and see what that brings to the scrub. Different butters different outcome adjust for firmness and texture. Some people add a tiny amount of beeswax, but that is up to you. It can give creamy but also waxy. Yes and what are you trying to copy the feel of. There maybe an additional emulsifier, or additive that give the scrub the feel. You can look on label.

Try removing oil and subbing with butter, that will give you creamy. Play with Percentages.  Make sure you give a good full day for scrub to harden up before testing.