frankincense and myrrh, heavy on the frankincense

SmellsSoSweet

Hi everyone,

I am looking for a frankincense and myrrh that is a bit lighter on the myrrh and heavier on the frankincense.  I saw a lot of recommendations on here for the CS frankincense and myrrh, but that just smells kind of like citrus and powder to me.  I want something that smells like the incense used in a church.

Thanks!

12 hours ago, SmellsSoSweet said:

but that just smells kind of like citrus and powder to me.

I just ordered a sample of their F&M, it’s really interesting how we pick up different notes. Ootb and on a test strip I smell the amber and oud. I haven’t made it into a candle yet. I also don’t think I’ve ever smelled F&M so I had no idea what to expect.

@SmellsSoSweetI have been looking for a heavy on the frankincense -F&M for a while now. CS USED to have the best around but they changed it and I now get a very weak HT (I do use 464 so another wax might be better.). Before I order now, I speak to someone and ask if the scent is more powdery (myrrh) or incense-y. Most companies will say more on the myrrh side. If I find A nice one - I’ll definitely post it!  Good luck!!

7 hours ago, The Candle Nook said:

Before I order now, I speak to someone and ask if the scent is more powdery (myrrh) or incense-y.

I should probably do that rather than just ordering blindly!  Do you happen to recall who has said they have more myrrh heavy FOs so that I may avoid them?  I think someone posted that the Lab & Co Frankincense and Myrrh is more incensey, but I was holding off on ordering because of the price. 

On 2/2/2021 at 3:08 PM, The Candle Nook said:

if you feel like “taking one for the team” try the Lab and Co.

Well, seeing as how it would be silly to order just one FO I am currently thinking about getting:

FRANKINCENSE + MYRRH

JASMINE + NEROLI

PALO SANTO + SAGE

BLOOD ORANGE + LIME AGAVE

GREEN BANANA + PINK FIG

COFFEE BEAN + CACAO

SALT AIR + HONEYDEW

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/5/2021 at 6:24 PM, SmellsSoSweet said:

Well, seeing as how it would be silly to order just one FO I am currently thinking about getting:

FRANKINCENSE + MYRRH

JASMINE + NEROLI

PALO SANTO + SAGE

BLOOD ORANGE + LIME AGAVE

GREEN BANANA + PINK FIG

COFFEE BEAN + CACAO

SALT AIR + HONEYDEW

Maybe get one additional sample of plain frankincense, then can add it to the F&M if needed?

• Like 1