Now I'm not so sure I want to use WSP for my business...

I think a lot of delays are due to Covid and the individual state's restrictions.  I wouldn't write them off for a 1 time thing, check their website or call to see if they are impacted.  Possibly inventory time as well, usually it's Dec or Jan, again they should post this stuff on website if they want to retain customers.

• Like 2

they are one of 3 companies I get oils from since 2001 and I've never had a problem. I bought during a sale last fall that caused a delay. That said, my orders have shipped within 3-5 days from when I ordered.

their oils are nice 🙂

On 1/27/2021 at 1:21 AM, ErronB said:

.... I hate CandleScience with a passion but I’ve been giving them some money lately because I can get orders very fast when I need generic stuff in a hurry.

Hello - new here and to candle making - ErronB, I wondered why you dislike CS so much? I am looking for suppliers and am considering them. They have what seems to be a helpful learning center and good customer service ...although I am seeing many thing out of stock as I look around. I am considering using their FOs ...your feedback would be helpful. TYVM!

Edited by silverRaven

CS has a habit of discontinuing products, and changing their oils. If you have spent time and money testing and the. Have announced changes it’s not good. I can’t work with a supplier like that. All my suppliers that I use are for a reason. Good product, Good communication, consistency, quick turnaround.

CS has stopped carrying waxes, wicks and changed oils in a short time and without advance notice.

If I did that to my customers I wouldn’t have any.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Had the same experience as nightlight x 3. Discontinuing products we depend on (entire wax lines, entire wick lines) without warning and reformulating FO without notice or notation on the bottles was the clincher for me.

they also made the 2016 soy fiasco more challenging than it needed to be.  464, 444, 415, etc moved manufacturing to South America and their machinery was accidentally injecting water into wax during hydrogenation.  The wax was absolute junk in many batches, and CS denied anything was wrong for months. Blamed us chandlers. Finally, months later, they posted a video explaining the problem, but nothing was done to repair the losses or relationships many of us bore as we scrambled to find alternatives to save our own businesses.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, silverRaven said:

Hello - new here and to candle making - ErronB, I wondered why you dislike CS so much? I am looking for suppliers and am considering them. They have what seems to be a helpful learning center and good customer service ...although I am seeing many thing out of stock as I look around. I am considering using their FOs ...your feedback would be helpful. TYVM!

It's like the others already said, things keep changing too much, and they will leave you high and dry if you get truly unusable batches of wax. They will in so many words just treat you like a noob and tell you it's you doing something wrong and refuse to even take it further. Even if you're a very experienced chandler they will just link you to their troubleshooting guide which is a joke to be honest. Not that it happens to me often, but when I have to throw $100 down the drain on each bad case of 6006 it leaves me feeling very salty. On the flipside, if you get broken cases of jars they will usually send you out a whole new case with no issues. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ErronB said:

It's like the others already said, things keep changing too much, and they will leave you high and dry if you get truly unusable batches of wax. They will in so many words just treat you like a noob and tell you it's you doing something wrong and refuse to even take it further. Even if you're a very experienced chandler they will just link you to their troubleshooting guide which is a joke to be honest. Not that it happens to me often, but when I have to throw $100 down the drain on each bad case of 6006 it leaves me feeling very salty. On the flipside, if you get broken cases of jars they will usually send you out a whole new case with no issues. 

This is what made me understand the necessity of baseline testing waxes.  the best defense we can muster is excellent record keeping. 

newbies have not yet been burned by the wax deficiencies to “get it”. 

• Like 2

If you can handle them discontinuing products on short notice, or doing fragrance formula switches give them a go.

I have had some nice fragrances, but as I have gotten more serious business wise I personally can’t afford instability.

If you are just making candles for yourself etc. feel free to order. Personal thing.

On 2/9/2021 at 12:33 PM, silverRaven said:

thank you all ...that does help me make decisions about CS

Agree with what others have said— and will add. CS has given some reasons for FO changes (getting rid of CA prop 65 issues) but their latest “redo” Lavender — which was one of their top 5 sellers every month (and a personal fav) has been reformulated too. They basically said —  “altho it fits all parameters, 1 ingrediant was CLOSE to ____ so we are changing”. 

every ingredient is “close” to something — they are changing when the wind shifts. Like Talltayl says — you can’t depend on them. 

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...

Placed an order with WSP on 3/17, as of 4 /9 I'm still waiting.  I didn't order bulk or during a sale.
According to their website , my estimated ship date was 3/28 .
I'm literally 35 minutes away from them, I could pull the order myself if they would let me.
In my former life ,I worked in a warehouse that pulled orders daily for over 500 stores nationwide (Camelot Music).
Everything else I've ordered from other suppliers has arrived within a few days or sooner.
I'm thinking that WSP has bit off more than they can chew with all these buy outs. I was really hoping to do more business with them ,but I cannot risk  not knowing when I'll recieve my orders.
I do hope they get their shipping dept. issues straightened out. Until then , this is my last order.

4 minutes ago, chevcher said:

Placed an order with WSP on 3/17, as of 4 /9 I'm still waiting.  I didn't order bulk or during a sale.
According to their website , my estimated ship date was 3/28 .
I'm literally 35 minutes away from them, I could pull the order myself if they would let me.
In my former life ,I worked in a warehouse that pulled orders daily for over 500 stores nationwide (Camelot Music).
Everything else I've ordered from other suppliers has arrived within a few days or sooner.
I'm thinking that WSP has bit off more than they can chew with all these buy outs. I was really hoping to do more business with them ,but I cannot risk  not knowing when I'll recieve my orders.
I do hope they get their shipping dept. issues straightened out. Until then , this is my last order.

The investor buyout of WSp likely is causing some ripples in fulfillment. 

have read AHRE bottles are not packed as well as they used to be. Not sure if their (or Elements or Other acquisitions) are also suffering. 

what a mess. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

The investor buyout of WSp likely is causing some ripples in fulfillment. 

have read AHRE bottles are not packed as well as they used to be. Not sure if their (or Elements or Other acquisitions) are also suffering. 

what a mess. 

It's really sad, I had such high hopes. I used to buy a lot of candle supplies from them years ago, until they dropped the ball on me during busy season and ubruptly stopped carrying glassware and wax. 

2 minutes ago, chevcher said:

It's really sad, I had such high hopes. I used to buy a lot of candle supplies from them years ago, until they dropped the ball on me during busy season and ubruptly stopped carrying glassware and wax. 

I feel that to my bones. 

I'm working through the hoarde of supplies ever so slowly. Planning to severely cut back on things going forward. Any scents that are difficult to work with will be jettisoned. It is hard enough to manufacture without the dread of hard to work with products. 😂 simplify. Simplify. Simplify. 

• Like 2

I am at a point where I don't think I will test any new fragrances, sell just my best sellers (if I can still get them), and be done with the stress.  May even stop making candles after I use up the 150 lbs. of C-1 I have patiently waiting to get used.  

GoldieMN

5 hours ago, GoldieMN said:

I am at a point where I don't think I will test any new fragrances, sell just my best sellers (if I can still get them), and be done with the stress.  May even stop making candles after I use up the 150 lbs. of C-1 I have patiently waiting to get used.  

GoldieMN

Seems like a lot of us are about to hit the pause button for a bit.