Midwest Fragrance Co.

Daisymay66

1 hour ago, moomin3 said:

Believe it or not I have never purchased from Fragrance Buddy... I was just looking at Bitter Creek (haven't gotten any from them either) and they have a few lemons that people seem to like.

I love Fragrance Buddy. They have the best sales of any company several times a year; 20-25% off on FO which is all they sell.  And free shipping over $100 BEFORE they deduct the discount.  I use many of their oils.

My nose must not be good at detecting fuel smells, because I don't get that with any of my FO's. And I don't pay attention to flash points. :)

I ordered from Bittercreek once, and liked what I got, but now their shipping is just too expensive for me.  Don't know why it cost $18 to ship a few bottles of FO. 

I have never ordered from Southern Scentsation. It's great you have a supplier 45 minutes away.  My daughter or I drive about 2 1/2 hours to Ohio to pick up wax and jars.  Saves a ton on shipping. 

Good luck on becoming a seller. I started a Facebook page for my candles around the end of 2014. and my business has grown so much because of it.

• Like 1

Hello friends!

They just released 5 new oils. Oatmeal Milk & Honey, Wild Honeysuckle & Raspberry, Tangerine Passion, Watermelon Lemonade Type and Tobacco & Bay Leaf. I poured a candle and a melt in each scent. To soon to test the candles but have melted 4 out of the 5 so far and all are super! 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Daisymay66 said:

Hello friends!

They just released 5 new oils. Oatmeal Milk & Honey, Wild Honeysuckle & Raspberry, Tangerine Passion, Watermelon Lemonade Type and Tobacco & Bay Leaf. I poured a candle and a melt in each scent. To soon to test the candles but have melted 4 out of the 5 so far and all are super! 

Those all sound so good! 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2021 at 11:22 PM, Daisymay66 said:

Hello friends!

Let us know how it turns out....I poured watermelon lemonade in 6006, and not getting a good HT...so bummed.

• 2 weeks later...

Enablers !!! The lot of you ! 🤣 Which is exactly why I love this site, lol. I'm finally making that jump from hobby to business, & this company sounds great ! I thought that I was done with my FO ordering spree yesterday, then I saw this. I ordered mostly 2 oz samples, & two 8 oz. I ordered Lemon Sugar Cake, Strawberry Pound Cake ( those are the two 8 oz ) & then the 2 oz bottles of Blueberry Pecan Waffles, Vanilla Bean Nectarine, Pink Guava & Sugared Vanilla Wafflecones. I'll do cold sniff reviews when I get them & in wax as I make / test them. I like how the owner sends a nice email thanking you for your business after...such a nice, personal touch !

• Like 2

On 3/18/2021 at 3:40 PM, WaxingPoetic said:

Enablers !!! The lot of you ! 🤣 Which is exactly why I love this site, lol. I'm finally making that jump from hobby to business, & this company sounds great ! I thought that I was done with my FO ordering spree yesterday, then I saw this. I ordered mostly 2 oz samples, & two 8 oz. I ordered Lemon Sugar Cake, Strawberry Pound Cake ( those are the two 8 oz ) & then the 2 oz bottles of Blueberry Pecan Waffles, Vanilla Bean Nectarine, Pink Guava & Sugared Vanilla Wafflecones. I'll do cold sniff reviews when I get them & in wax as I make / test them. I like how the owner sends a nice email thanking you for your business after...such a nice, personal touch !

I think you'll love their oils and they are also wonderful to deal with! 

• Like 1

On 3/25/2021 at 11:42 PM, Belinda said:

I think you'll love their oils and they are also wonderful to deal with! 

Yes, they are a really nice company to deal with & the shipping was so fast ! 

I got my oils & I’m overall very pleased ! I forgot to come back & update, I got them not long after my post above. My favorites ( it’s a tie lol ) are Strawberry Pound Cake, spot on in wax ! And Nectarine Vanilla Bean, which is amaaazing ! Oddly, it smells much more like freshly cut orange, not nectarine ? With the vanilla bean in the background. But it is amazing ! 

Blueberry Pecan Waffles is amazing OOB ! I feel like that will be perfect for Fall but I may need to pour some soon because it’s calling out to me, lol. Their Vanilla Sugar Waffle Cone smells a lot like JS’s but I feel like theirs is ‘ richer ‘ if that makes sense ? 

Now to the oils that are underwhelming to be, but to be fair, these are OOB impressions only, so I’m going to put these in melts, probably this weekend, to give them a fair chance - Lemon Sugar Cake smells very Lysol like to me ! I know that it’s very much raved about here though, so I do have high hopes for it.

Pink Guava smells like the antibiotics that my daughter was on as a child, that pink nasty stuff that goes in the fridge ? So, obviously not a fan of that 😂 Like I said though, I will put these both in some melts & give them a fair shot because I absolutely love the other oils ! 

Overall, I love this new company & I’m really looking forward to trying more :) 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 4/1/2021 at 11:02 PM, Belinda said:

@Waxing Poetic, please update when you get them in wax! I'm anxious to hear your results.  I haven't looked to see what new oils they've added but I think they add quite frequently. 

I can’t believe how late I am with this, sorry ! 😩🤣 I poured all except the Pink Guava, but I do plan on pouring that one soon, it just doesn’t excite me much, lol. 

I can honestly say that I love ALL of the ones I poured ! Lemon Sugar Cake is definitely much more appealing to me in wax ! 

Blueberry Pecan Waffle is just...too good to be true, omg. Strong thrower, too.

Vanilla Bean Nectarine still comes off very ‘ orange vanilla ‘ to me, with heavy emphasis on orange, but I am not complaining, it is magical.

I like her Vanilla Sugar Waffle Cones even more than Just Scent’s, because I feel this one is much richer. Could be in my head, lol. But it’s luscious.

Strawberry Poundcake is just perfect. Exactly like the B&BW version. I never want to be without that one. 

I ordered another batch of oils to try Sunday night, woke up to a shipping notice yesterday morning, so that was really nice ! I love fast shipping ! My package should be here on Thursday. 

I ordered 2 Oz bottles of White Cake, Tangerine Passion, Cotton Candy Dreams, Espresso, Fresh Mint & Eucalyptus, Key Lime, & Fresh Lemon.

8 Oz bottles of Marshmallow Fireside & Cocoa Butter Cashmere & a 16 Oz of Lavender. Super excited to get these !

Edited by WaxingPoetic
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, WaxingPoetic said:

I can’t believe how late I am with this, sorry ! 😩🤣 I poured all except the Pink Guava, but I do plan on pouring that one soon, it just doesn’t excite me much, lol. 

I can honestly say that I love ALL of the ones I poured ! Lemon Sugar Cake is definitely much more appealing to me in wax ! 

Blueberry Pecan Waffle is just...too good to be true, omg. Strong thrower, too.

Vanilla Bean Nectarine still comes off very ‘ orange vanilla ‘ to me, with heavy emphasis on orange, but I am not complaining, it is magical.

I like her Vanilla Sugar Waffle Cones even more than Just Scent’s, because I feel this one is much richer. Could be in my head, lol. But it’s luscious.

Strawberry Poundcake is just perfect. Exactly like the B&BW version. I never want to be without that one. 

I ordered another batch of oils to try Sunday night, woke up to a shipping notice yesterday morning, so that was really nice ! I love fast shipping ! My package should be here on Thursday. 

I ordered 2 Oz bottles of White Cake, Tangerine Passion, Cotton Candy Dreams, Espresso, Fresh Mint & Eucalyptus, Key Lime, & Fresh Lemon.

8 Oz bottles of Marshmallow Fireside & Cocoa Butter Cashmere & a 16 Oz of Lavender. Super excited to get these !

I also agree with her vanilla sugar waffle cone being richer than the one from JS. Their cinnamon buns is another one that's great! I haven't put them all in wax yet but hopefully I will get around to that soon.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Belinda said:

I also agree with her vanilla sugar waffle cone being richer than the one from JS. Their cinnamon buns is another one that's great! I haven't put them all in wax yet but hopefully I will get around to that soon.

You know, I was * thisclose* to throwing Cinnamon Buns in this order & didn’t, kinda kicking myself now, lol. But, it’s not like there won’t be many, many orders in the future. 

I’m glad that isn’t all in my head, with the waffle cones ! My order is actually coming in today, not tomorrow, got that confused with Candle Cocoon, so yay ! 

I’ll try & do an OOB review later today 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

46 minutes ago, WaxingPoetic said:

You know, I was * thisclose* to throwing Cinnamon Buns in this order & didn’t, kinda kicking myself now, lol. But, it’s not like there won’t be many, many orders in the future. 

I’m glad that isn’t all in my head, with the waffle cones ! My order is actually coming in today, not tomorrow, got that confused with Candle Cocoon, so yay ! 

I’ll try & do an OOB review later today 

Please do if you can! Waiting impatiently! 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Belinda said:

Please do if you can! Waiting impatiently! 

I actually went down to check a bit ago, & sure enough, my package was there ! AHHHH, I LOVE this order !! Here are my OOB impressions so far - 

Key Lime - spot on ! Just straight up, fresh lime. Super bright, very summery. Can’t wait to blend with coconut ! Actually, I’m thinking of blending with my Pineapple Smoothie ( pretty sure that’s the name ? ) from MMS, which reads very pina Colada to me. I feel like it’ll be great with that. This will also be amazing with vanilla, I think.

White Cake - love this ! I remember years ago, ordering a white cake from another place, I think it may have been Indiana candle supply ? But not sure. And it was pure almond. I was so disappointed, I haven’t tried another until now. This is perfect ! To me, it smells more like white cake BATTER, at least OOB. And that’s fine by me, lol.

Tangerine Dreams - I can see why this is so raved about on their Insta page ! Very juicy tangerine scent, with something in the background that I can’t quite pinpoint ? I know it has papaya & other things, but it’s not that. Love this though ! 

Cotton Candy Dreams - I got this because one of the reviews said that it smelled like bubbleliscious to them, not Cotton Candy, to me, it smells like...neither of those, I can kind of make out a bit of Cotton Candy in there ? But I really like it, regardless ! It’s just very sweet, very ‘ pink ‘ if that makes sense. I feel like someone could name it Candy Shop ? It puts me in the mind of Candy / sugar, in a general sense.

Lavender - straight up, not too herbal, doesn’t seem to have that medicinal note that a lot of lavenders have. I got this to blend with a few things, & I think it’ll be perfect for that ! 

Fresh Lemon - this really does smell like a freshly sliced lemon, & I’m not sure if it’s supposed to smell like sugar too, but it does to me ! Really liking this.

Fresh Mint & Eucalyptus - smells like it’s supposed to, mint & Eucalyptus ! I got it with the intention of blending with fresh lemon for a refreshing type scent, but I may also try it with the key lime, I feel like that’ll blend together beautifully. With a much smaller ratio of the lime, I feel it could easily take over otherwise, it’s nice & strong.

Espresso - oooooooooh, this is absolutely my fave coffee scent so far, even over MMS’s Java Java ! This takes me to Fall immediately ! Very realistic, strong coffee & I can’t recall if there is cinnamon or maybe nutmeg ( or both ? ) in the notes ? But that’s what I’m getting. This is amazingly delicious ! I think it would blend well with chocolate, or with some pumpkin for Fall, but it is also absolute perfection on its own 🥰 

Fireside Marshmallow ( Type ) - This, much like their Strawberry Pound Cake, is an identical dupe of the B&BW scent ! I would know, because my daughter is obsessed with that one, lol. 

Cocoa Butter Cashmere - I have a 1 Oz from VA candle supply & loved it, so I wanted to try it from here. Just like I prefer Midwest’s vanilla waffle cone over JS’s, I absolutely prefer this Cocoa Butter Cashmere to VA’s ! I can’t really explain why ? If I absolutely had to, I would say that it’s softer & more rounded, somehow ?

It has that beautiful blast of cocoa butter with cedarwood, vanilla & other notes adding depth & sensuality. I know it has coconut but I can’t really pick that up, I couldn’t in the other version either. I just think that these notes all blend so beautifully together.

So, this entire order was a huge win ! Definitely going to be ordering from them a lot in the future !

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, WaxingPoetic said:

I actually went down to check a bit ago, & sure enough, my package was there ! AHHHH, I LOVE this order !! Here are my OOB impressions so far - 

Key Lime - spot on ! Just straight up, fresh lime. Super bright, very summery. Can’t wait to blend with coconut ! Actually, I’m thinking of blending with my Pineapple Smoothie ( pretty sure that’s the name ? ) from MMS, which reads very pina Colada to me. I feel like it’ll be great with that. This will also be amazing with vanilla, I think.

White Cake - love this ! I remember years ago, ordering a white cake from another place, I think it may have been Indiana candle supply ? But not sure. And it was pure almond. I was so disappointed, I haven’t tried another until now. This is perfect ! To me, it smells more like white cake BATTER, at least OOB. And that’s fine by me, lol.

Tangerine Dreams - I can see why this is so raved about on their Insta page ! Very juicy tangerine scent, with something in the background that I can’t quite pinpoint ? I know it has papaya & other things, but it’s not that. Love this though ! 

Cotton Candy Dreams - I got this because one of the reviews said that it smelled like bubbleliscious to them, not Cotton Candy, to me, it smells like...neither of those, I can kind of make out a bit of Cotton Candy in there ? But I really like it, regardless ! It’s just very sweet, very ‘ pink ‘ if that makes sense. I feel like someone could name it Candy Shop ? It puts me in the mind of Candy / sugar, in a general sense.

Lavender - straight up, not too herbal, doesn’t seem to have that medicinal note that a lot of lavenders have. I got this to blend with a few things, & I think it’ll be perfect for that ! 

Fresh Lemon - this really does smell like a freshly sliced lemon, & I’m not sure if it’s supposed to smell like sugar too, but it does to me ! Really liking this.

Fresh Mint & Eucalyptus - smells like it’s supposed to, mint & Eucalyptus ! I got it with the intention of blending with fresh lemon for a refreshing type scent, but I may also try it with the key lime, I feel like that’ll blend together beautifully. With a much smaller ratio of the lime, I feel it could easily take over otherwise, it’s nice & strong.

Espresso - oooooooooh, this is absolutely my fave coffee scent so far, even over MMS’s Java Java ! This takes me to Fall immediately ! Very realistic, strong coffee & I can’t recall if there is cinnamon or maybe nutmeg ( or both ? ) in the notes ? But that’s what I’m getting. This is amazingly delicious ! I think it would blend well with chocolate, or with some pumpkin for Fall, but it is also absolute perfection on its own 🥰 

Fireside Marshmallow ( Type ) - This, much like their Strawberry Pound Cake, is an identical dupe of the B&BW scent ! I would know, because my daughter is obsessed with that one, lol. 

Cocoa Butter Cashmere - I have a 1 Oz from VA candle supply & loved it, so I wanted to try it from here. Just like I prefer Midwest’s vanilla waffle cone over JS’s, I absolutely prefer this Cocoa Butter Cashmere to VA’s ! I can’t really explain why ? If I absolutely had to, I would say that it’s softer & more rounded, somehow ?

It has that beautiful blast of cocoa butter with cedarwood, vanilla & other notes adding depth & sensuality. I know it has coconut but I can’t really pick that up, I couldn’t in the other version either. I just think that these notes all blend so beautifully together.

So, this entire order was a huge win ! Definitely going to be ordering from them a lot in the future !

I love ICS white cake but like you said it is very heavy on the almond.

I haven't put but a couple of the oils in wax that I got from Midwest but hopefully will soon. I've been pouring Fall scents and want to pour their cinnamon buns!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 6/9/2021 at 9:17 PM, Belinda said:

I love ICS white cake but like you said it is very heavy on the almond.

I haven't put but a couple of the oils in wax that I got from Midwest but hopefully will soon. I've been pouring Fall scents and want to pour their cinnamon buns!

You must have gotten into my head because I’ve been ordering lots of pumpkin / fall scents ( in sample sizes ) the past couple of days, lol.

I wanted to do a mini update - Key Lime is AMAZING blended with Vanilla Voodoo, omggg... I know that a lot of you here love VV, so figured I would throw that out there. 

I also blended tangerine dreams, lemon slices, & key lime together ( in equal parts ) & they play together beautifully, too. This key lime, in particular, in amazing in wax & an awesome blender. I want to do it in cotton candy soon !

Cotton Candy Dreams really does have that nice candy store smell & really good throw in IGI 6006.

The cocoa butter cashmere is TDF in wax !!! Even much better than OOB. I absolutely, 500% prefer it to VA’s. It’s way more rounded, a much better balance of the notes, IMO. 

I really wanted to get more of these poured & tested, but I’ve been working lots of midnights in a row lately & I just don’t have the energy for it, but hoping to get more poured tomorrow & the following days. 

These oils are just great, though ! They are quickly moving to the top of the list of my fave FO suppliers.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

40 minutes ago, WaxingPoetic said:

You must have gotten into my head because I’ve been ordering lots of pumpkin / fall scents ( in sample sizes ) the past couple of days, lol.

I wanted to do a mini update - Key Lime is AMAZING blended with Vanilla Voodoo, omggg... I know that a lot of you here love VV, so figured I would throw that out there. 

I also blended tangerine dreams, lemon slices, & key lime together ( in equal parts ) & they play together beautifully, too. This key lime, in particular, in amazing in wax & an awesome blender. I want to do it in cotton candy soon !

Cotton Candy Dreams really does have that nice candy store smell & really good throw in IGI 6006.

The cocoa butter cashmere is TDF in wax !!! Even much better than OOB. I absolutely, 500% prefer it to VA’s. It’s way more rounded, a much better balance of the notes, IMO. 

I really wanted to get more of these poured & tested, but I’ve been working lots of midnights in a row lately & I just don’t have the energy for it, but hoping to get more poured tomorrow & the following days. 

These oils are just great, though ! They are quickly moving to the top of the list of my fave FO suppliers.

Now I'm going to have to get their key lime and cocoa butter cashmere! I may actually already have them LOL! I need to check.

I'm in love with Fall scents and they're my favorite type to pour. I never get tired of them! I'm drooling over pumpkin peanut brittle in my melter right now!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Belinda said:

Now I'm going to have to get their key lime and cocoa butter cashmere! I may actually already have them LOL! I need to check.

I'm in love with Fall scents and they're my favorite type to pour. I never get tired of them! I'm drooling over pumpkin peanut brittle in my melter right now!

Omg that pumpkin peanut brittle sounds amazing !! 

3 hours ago, WaxingPoetic said:

Omg that pumpkin peanut brittle sounds amazing !! 

It's so wonderful! The one I've poured is from Fragrance Buddy but several suppliers have it. It's SO good! Want me to send you a sample?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Belinda said:

It's so wonderful! The one I've poured is from Fragrance Buddy but several suppliers have it. It's SO good! Want me to send you a sample?

That is so sweet of you to offer, thank you !! But I’m actually taking that recommendation for FB as a sign to place an order soon, because I’ve been debating that lately anyway 😂 so I’ll just be sure to add that one to the order 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WaxingPoetic said:

That is so sweet of you to offer, thank you !! But I’m actually taking that recommendation for FB as a sign to place an order soon, because I’ve been debating that lately anyway 😂 so I’ll just be sure to add that one to the order 

If you can hold off I think they're having a sale in July. They have great sales with 25% off and free shipping if you order $100 which adds up to only $75 after the discount. You can't beat their sales.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Belinda said:

If you can hold off I think they're having a sale in July. They have great sales with 25% off and free shipping if you order $100 which adds up to only $75 after the discount. You can't beat their sales.

OMG that sounds great ! I will definitely hold off, thanks so much for the heads up !!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2021 at 5:59 PM, Belinda said:

I just got an order in today from Midwest and their Blazing Bonfire is AMAZING!!! If you haven't tried it you need to. 

It is a great scent!!  It smells like Bonfire Bliss from RE.