Midwest Fragrance Co.

Daisymay66

Just wanted to share a new fragrance Company! They have amazing customer service and great oils. They also have a Facebook group. Some of my favorite oils are Bergamont + Sandalwood, Lemon Sugar Cake, Warm Apples + Peaches, Orange Cranberry Spice, Chestnut + Birch, Cedar Musk + Lavender and Cherry Amaretto. Their shipping time is extremely fast and are adding new oils often. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Daisymay66 said:

Just wanted to share a new fragrance Company! They have amazing customer service and great oils. They also have a Facebook group. Some of my favorite oils are Bergamont + Sandalwood, Lemon Sugar Cake, Warm Apples + Peaches, Orange Cranberry Spice, Chestnut + Birch, Cedar Musk + Lavender and Cherry Amaretto. Their shipping time is extremely fast and are adding new oils often. 

I am planning to try some of their oils! I was waiting on one to come back in stock. I can't remember the name though. (brain fart!) I was reading in their group where it's really good but it was out of stock. I'll check back and see if it's in yet. Everybody was raving about it!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Belinda said:

I am planning to try some of their oils! I was waiting on one to come back in stock. I can't remember the name though. (brain fart!) I was reading in their group where it's really good but it was out of stock. I'll check back and see if it's in yet. Everybody was raving about it!

I wanted to try them but heard they are a lot like CS Clean Scents. 

6 hours ago, ShelleyF said:

I wanted to try them but heard they are a lot like CS Clean Scents. 

They definitely are not like CS clean scents. I used to use quite a few oils from CS but I have found replacements for all of them. I have tested about 30 of them and all have been super! They released 9 or 10 new oils today so I’m waiting to get them. I don’t know what wax you use but I use Soy so if I get good HT and CT that says a lot to me. I really like that they have 2oz. 1oz was never enough for me to test what I like to. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Daisymay66 said:

They definitely are not like CS clean scents. I used to use quite a few oils from CS but I have found replacements for all of them. I have tested about 30 of them and all have been super! They released 9 or 10 new oils today so I’m waiting to get them. I don’t know what wax you use but I use Soy so if I get good HT and CT that says a lot to me. I really like that they have 2oz. 1oz was never enough for me to test what I like to. 

I ordered a sample pack from them yesterday. I'm excited to get them!

• Like 1

On 1/21/2021 at 3:03 AM, Daisymay66 said:

I use Soy so if I get good HT and CT that says a lot to me. I really like that they have 2oz. 1oz was never enough for me to test what I like to. 

THANK YOU — YES!  1 oz samples never give me enough to test. I wish EVERY company would carry 2 oz samples

• Like 1

On 1/27/2021 at 9:19 PM, The Candle Nook said:

SAME @Belinda my order came today as well. I am excited to get my samples in wax to start curing. Have to wait until Friday tho...

Which masculine scents did you get and what are your favorites from them and other places? I have a lot of customers, mostly female, that love masculine scents.

On 1/30/2021 at 2:03 PM, Belinda said:

Which masculine scents did you get and what are your favorites from them and other places? I have a lot of customers, mostly female, that love masculine scents.

I only got a couple I would consider “masculine”: I got the barrel aged maple bourbon - hoping it replaces my apples maple bourbon from CS. The maple is stronger (than CS) and the bourbon is def there. Excited to try it, also:

* bergamont/sandalwood - this might be a good one 

*cedar musk/lavender- not a fav, very cologne but seems strong OOB.

OTHERS not masculine:
*blk raspberry/vanilla-  def get raspberry

*espresso - smells right, will see when get in wax if it’s a tru coffee

*iced almond cookie - hope this works in 464, it may be one of my fav “bakery” scents. Probably because I don’t like bakery 😂 the almond cuts the “sweet”

*cranberry clove- need a sub for CS cran marmalade - this seems heavy in the clove

Marshmallow fireside - OOB nope, but wax may make a difference

fresh lemon and lemon sugar cake - planning on mixing these for (hopefully) something lemon heavy. 

This is a new company for me. Between Midwest and Cierra- I have a lot to test. 

belinda — what did you get?

Edited by The Candle Nook
Additional info

@The Candle Nook, I got 

Apple blossom and almond-love this one!

Black Raspberry & Vanilla

Cactus and Sea salt

Cherry Amaretto 

Fresh Lemon-so good!

Lemon Sugar Cake

Sweet Strawberry

And I got a couple more but can't remember off the top of my head. Why I keep buying FO's is beyond me! I've been finding boxes of them that I ordered for Christmas stuff that I never used and they're literally falling off the shelves LOL! Hopefully I'll get some of these in wax before too long. I've just got to get more organized!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Daisymay66 said:

Did you get a chance to get them in wax?

Not yet but I plan to soon.  I only have a little tiny space cleared off to work right now LOL! I'm SOOOOO disorganized! Maybe one day I'll learn how to organize myself but I doubt it this late in life!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Belinda said:

Not yet but I plan to soon.  I only have a little tiny space cleared off to work right now LOL! I'm SOOOOO disorganized! Maybe one day I'll learn how to organize myself but I doubt it this late in life!

Right with ya there girl! Organized people kinda bug me! Yeah it’s definitely a I wanna be like them but am so far removed the hope is SUPER doubtful! LMBO In my next life I just know I’m gonna get it all together 😂😀😁😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty Happy with Midwest fragrance company to! Shipping is extremely fair. 149.00 free shipping aswell. Shipping was quick. Ordered 10 samples. Usually I end up with 2 or 3 I like. I happened to like all of these samples. Wasn't one I pushed to the side. Tested two so far the cocoa butter cashmere and cedar musk lavender. Both amazing. I put in a reorder for 16s immediately. Love the owners. You actually feel like a valued customer. The group is very warm and encouraging and lifting aswell as informative and judgement free. From the Veterans to the newbies. Good vibe all the way around. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Smells in here said:

I'm pretty Happy with Midwest fragrance company to! Shipping is extremely fair. 149.00 free shipping aswell. Shipping was quick. Ordered 10 samples. Usually I end up with 2 or 3 I like. I happened to like all of these samples. Wasn't one I pushed to the side. Tested two so far the cocoa butter cashmere and cedar musk lavender. Both amazing. I put in a reorder for 16s immediately. Love the owners. You actually feel like a valued customer. The group is very warm and encouraging and lifting aswell as informative and judgement free. From the Veterans to the newbies. Good vibe all the way around. 

You're right! They are such sweet people and make you feel very important to them. One of our members on here is her mom and she's the same way. Sweetness just runs in their family!

• Like 1

On 2/14/2021 at 2:02 PM, Smells in here said:

That Cedar Musk & Lavender is awesome. Reminds me of something I'd pay more for from WWC or something. Of course it's sold out!!!! I typically don't like the cologne scents but the lavender undertone in this plays nicely & sets it apart from the rest. I have also burned Lemon Cake in 464 6% and at only after a couple days it was awesome with the right wick. I used ECO8 first and I swear ECOs just suck the scent out - I switched to a CDN8 and, maybe it's that coating on the wick, but wow - great lemon scent. Hard to find. This is probably my 8th bottle of something lemon, LOL. 

Honey Cornbread is another one - used same formula as above and a tiny candle filled a bathroom up with great bakery scent. 

I also keep buying FOs and NEED TO STOP!!!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, moomin3 said:

This is probably my 8th bottle of something lemon, LOL

Out of your eight bottle of lemon, was one of them Lemon Pound Cake from Fragrance Buddy? My customers and I love that one. Lemon Verbena from Flaming Candle is also very good.  I use CD wicks too, in 444 wax.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GailC said:

Out of your eight bottle of lemon, was one of them Lemon Pound Cake from Fragrance Buddy? My customers and I love that one. Lemon Verbena from Flaming Candle is also very good.  I use CD wicks too, in 444 wax.

Believe it or not I have never purchased from Fragrance Buddy... I was just looking at Bitter Creek (haven't gotten any from them either) and they have a few lemons that people seem to like. I know flashpoint is for shipping purposes but my goodness whenever I get a lemon or citrus FO that has a FP lower than 160 it goes to fuel scent immediately when wicked. I know it's typical with citrus terpenes. Most of my lemon scents end up just being melts for that reason. I have tried a few times to mix with vanilla or heavier oils to diminish the fuel scent but it hasn't quite worked for me - I'll keep trying though sinc e I have quite the collection now of not just citrus scents but cake/bakery/vanilla ones to mix them with 🤣

The lemon I use the most is Lemon Souffle by Southern Scentsation only because they're a  small place a 45 minute drive away so I can get my 464 there w/o paying for shipping and this lemon scent which we randomly fell in love with. Pretty high vanillin content so extra creamy. That's why I was pretty impressed with the MWFC Lemon Cake - it's brighter and not as bakery.

I actually do have Lemon Verbena from FC but I couldn't get it to work for the above reasons. Now I'm wondering if it's just me!!!! I also love CD and CDN wicks, I have tried others and just either can't figure the sizing out or they seem to destroy the HT. 

15 minutes ago, GailC said:

Good luck with that. If you succeed, tell us how you did it.  

On second thought, DON'T. I'm an addict but don't want to stop. :) 

I actually have no desire to stop, either. I love reading the fragrance descriptions, reviews, and then experiencing the magic of it blooming in wax and then how it burns months down the road... it's an engaging process through and through. Now to maybe sell a candle and not just be an insane hobbyist in my basement!

Edited by moomin3
  • Like 1