FYI- CS Fresh Coffee

The Candle Nook

Not sure if anyone else has experienced this...Fresh Coffee has been a consistent great candle. Altho I was worried about the reformulation, I found it to be relatively the same. Until now. I just lit a candle I poured in September and the scent throw has disappeared. Not entirely, but sooo much weaker. I have never had that happen in 464 - so I am adding finding a new coffee to my list and now am concerned about other reformulated scents after several months “curing”. I have never worried about testing a few months down the line (except occasionally for wicks). Is this something y’all check for — a loss of HT after sitting?

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, The Candle Nook said:

Not sure if anyone else has experienced this...Fresh Coffee has been a consistent great candle. Altho I was worried about the reformulation, I found it to be relatively the same. Until now. I just lit a candle I poured in September and the scent throw has disappeared. Not entirely, but sooo much weaker. I have never had that happen in 464 - so I am adding finding a new coffee to my list and now am concerned about other reformulated scents after several months “curing”. I have never worried about testing a few months down the line (except occasionally for wicks). Is this something y’all check for — a loss of HT after sitting?

Many of us Soapers definitely do notice how well or poorly fragrances age. 

I have a sample of Elements bath and Body Cuppa Joe that smells decent out of bottle.  Have not tried it in product yet, but have had decent luck with their FO. WSP bought them recently so who knows what will happen to their FO line.

2 hours ago, TallTayl said:

Many of us Soapers definitely do notice how well or poorly fragrances age. 

I have a sample of Elements bath and Body Cuppa Joe that smells decent out of bottle.  Have not tried it in product yet, but have had decent luck with their FO. WSP bought them recently so who knows what will happen to their FO line.

WSP bought Elements too???!!!!😲

54 minutes ago, sarahmarah said:

I’ve had such good luck with the the coffee scents from WSP. They are amazing throwers for me in C3. I’ve had lots of luck with them holding in soap too—some are coming up on a year of curing and still holding strong.

Cuppa joe from elements OOB smells just like the coffee from WSP.  I wonder how long before the purchased company’s FO is phased out. 

Just me, or does anyone else find that all of them smell weird and yuk OOB.

2 hours ago, The Candle Nook said:

Wonder who WSP is NOT buying??😝 

(I mean. WOW. It’s like they’re the only ones with any $$)

reminds me of my time in aerospace.  The only way to increase the appearance of top line $ was to buy the competition. Basically we bought back our old customers who left us at one time or another. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, TallTayl said:

Cuppa joe from elements OOB smells just like the coffee from WSP.  I wonder how long before the purchased company’s FO is phased out. 

Just me, or does anyone else find that all of them smell weird and yuk OOB.

I like the WSP ones I’ve tried OOB (Fresh Coffee and Espresso) but I strongly couldn’t handle the one from CS.  I found it overwhelmingly skunky. To be fair I never put it in product and I know I shouldn’t judge based on that but it was a rare hard pass 😬

@sarahmarah the original fresh coffee was SO STRONG my kids couldn’t stand to be in the house when I poured it. And it would be all I could smell. I can remember the smell enough to understand “skunky”...but. In wax. It was so nice. A true coffee that would fill a room. Not sweet. Not creamy. Just coffee. {sigh}

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Oscar.Y said:

Did anyone have known any FO that with true black coffee?

I tried some from NS and CS, they smells little bit sweet to me.

I was just going to ask this exact question! I have been looking for a street coffee sent to use as a blender and so far everything I have found have been very sweet smelling.