Small CD wicks

Good morning and Merry Christmas Eve! I was wondering where you all get smaller sized CD wicks.  I previously purchased them from California Candle Supply but they are out of stock right now.  Most of the other usual places I look don't seem to have the smaller sizes (4, 5, 6) other than votive length.  Thanks in advance for the input!

Thanks! Cal Candle has them all listed but once you go into the listing they are all out of stock.  The same appears to be true for Candle Science but at least they have an estimated arrival date.

I only see the larger sizes from Candlewic...except for the spools and I don't think I am up for that yet.

On 12/24/2020 at 12:43 PM, TallTayl said:

Candlewic has the smaller sizes just shorter length. I had to seek them out on the site too. 

this is all so sucky right now. 

Yea...it's the CD4/5/6 6" length I am looking for.  Are they not as common to come by?  Candle science has the 4 and 6 (out of stock) but not the 5.  I only see the 3" length on candlewic.  I want to try some CDN too but am having the same trouble with only certain sizes being in stock and not many suppliers having them.

Is everything being out of stock typical or has it been worse lately because of covid, shipping, holidays, etc?  I started ordering supplies and experimenting a few months before the covid craziness began...wondering how far in advance I need to start planning.  I am still very much in the testing everything phase so I have been buying smaller quantities of everything until I narrow my preferences down but I may need to rethink that strategy.

It is all pandemic related right now. I’ve never seen so many stock issues in my life. 

Cd and CDN were at candle cocoon last I knew. I did not check them all, but most seem to be in stock. 12” long. You can tab the off cuts. Their standard tabs used to be tiny. 

you could try reaching out to Wicksunlimited to purchase Samples of the stabilo  series (cd) and kst  (cdn).  

@TallTayl Thanks for the suggestions!  I did look at candle cocoon but was hesitant because of the larger length...I will re think that.  I am finding that the cd 5s are a little harder to track down than the 4s and 6s.  I'll look at wicks unlimited...I haven't tried them yet.

@Kris10Tackles I have been watching 16/17 for the wicks but right now they only have the 2s and 6s available...I should have bought them a few weeks ago when I first saw them but wanted to wait until after the holidays.  Lesson learned 😂

23 hours ago, jmspgh said:

@pughaus no I didn't try them and it looks like they have some available!  Shipping is a bit much but beggars cant be choosers.  now i have an excuse to try some of their FO too haha    any suggestions?

I have phoned them about shipping before and gotten help.  I am just south of the state border from them and get courier service through Speedy.

It was weird the first time a white speedy van pulled into my driveway 😂. the new delivery vehicle and driver confused the farm dogs who are used to barking at FedEx, ups, usps and Amazon.   Delivery is Quick and convenient for sure, but I never know what the shipping cost will actually be until I get the bill.  It is what it is I guess.

incidentally, while taking the farm dog in my avatar, Paisley,  “bye bye” a few days ago a UPS truck was behind us at a stop sign. She barked at him through the window as if he were at her front door.  Silly Paisley

• Haha 3

I just put in request to Flaming Candle to carry the entire CS range. I have to order from cal candle and it took forever to east coast but I got small size CS wicks in 6 inch lengths. I would write Flaming and make request. These is a difference between a 5 and 7 wick. The in between sizes and small size wick are needed to fine tune a burn.

15 hours ago, NightLight said:

I just put in request to Flaming Candle to carry the entire CS range. I have to order from cal candle and it took forever to east coast but I got small size CS wicks in 6 inch lengths. I would write Flaming and make request. These is a difference between a 5 and 7 wick. The in between sizes and small size wick are needed to fine tune a burn.

I just put in a request to Flaming Candle and Candles and Supply for the same.  The smaller in between sizes in longer lengths are surprisingly hard to find.  Lets get some to the east coast!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I got replies from both flaming candle and c&s. Both simply said they would pass along the request to their buyers. Flaming sounded more interested and included that they like to know what people are looking for...so let them know if you are interested... Maybe we can get them to start carrying the smaller/longer sizes?