Help!! Wax melts

Laila

I am making clamshells and I get a great throw with the tea light type of wax melter but no throw whatsoever in the electric warmers. The only way I get a throw with the electric is to use a higher wattage bulb but I read that can create a fire hazard. Any advice?

I am using NG pillar bliss wax (what they recommend for wax melts) 

I have tried using multiple cubes in the electric warmer as well and nothing past a slight throw when I am standing in front of it but the tea light warmer fills the entire house. 

So much has to do with the melt point of your wax.  Sounds like that wax needs a good hit of heat to melt and release the scent.

if most of your customers use scentsy type melters you’ll probably want to start over with a lower melt point wax. 

If these are just for you, you can try softening/lowering the melt point with coconut oil, or some other lower melt point veg oil or paraffin that is solid at typical room temps. Veg shortening might be a good fit. Liquid oils would not be an good choice just because the wax can only hold so much before it starts to seep.

1 hour ago, TallTayl said:

So much has to do with the melt point of your wax.  Sounds like that wax needs a good hit of heat to melt and release the scent.

if most of your customers use scentsy type melters you’ll probably want to start over with a lower melt point wax. 

If these are just for you, you can try softening/lowering the melt point with coconut oil, or some other lower melt point veg oil or paraffin that is solid at typical room temps. Veg shortening might be a good fit. Liquid oils would not be an good choice just because the wax can only hold so much before it starts to seep.

Thank you! I was thinking that but I wasn’t sure what a good melt point is. The melt point for this wax is 136 degrees. Is there a melt point you recommend?

I bought and tested several melters when formulating.  Many needed a melt point of 120*F or less. Scentsy melters seems th most popular for a while. Aldi had some for a short time. Maybe try the Walmart brands too. 

If you can guess the melters used most in your area or within your target market  that is a great start 🤗

136 is pretty high, even for a wicked candle.