Wooden Wick Co: REALLY long time to process orders?

Has anyone else experienced ridiculously long times to process orders from Wooden Wick Co? I took advantage of one of their recent sales and ordered a bunch of FO. I ordered on November 28th and it still hasn't been processed three weeks later! I get it: there's a pandemic, USPS is a mess, and it's the holidays. But I would at least expect some kind of communication from them about the processing time. All their website says is orders process in 3-7 business days and it could be a bit longer when they're busy. But really, it's been 15 business days--and frankly, if I had that much going on I would be working 7 days a week. 

Rant over. Well, probably not...😅

6 minutes ago, Peggy T said:

Has anyone else experienced ridiculously long times to process orders from Wooden Wick Co? I took advantage of one of their recent sales and ordered a bunch of FO. I ordered on November 28th and it still hasn't been processed three weeks later! I get it: there's a pandemic, USPS is a mess, and it's the holidays. But I would at least expect some kind of communication from them about the processing time. All their website says is orders process in 3-7 business days and it could be a bit longer when they're busy. But really, it's been 15 business days--and frankly, if I had that much going on I would be working 7 days a week. 

I had an order that was late and  I responded to the email they sent confirming the order and ask them to check on it, They apologized and it shipped the next day.

They are super slow even on normal days. It took at least 3 weeks to process an order of 100 tube wicks last year. If ordering wax, there’s even more time to unpack and repackage into their colors.

After the sales and combined with the pandemic and it is unbelievably worse. No communication ever. I stopped counting on them for anything. 

• Like 1

I would cross them off as supplier. First of all there are great suppliers like Aztec. Aztec sends out updates all the time which I appreciate, without the attitude I get sometimes from CS. If I shipped out like that from WW I would be out of business. That’s not good.

• Like 1

Yep, same story when I used to test all their stuff. I don't use any of it now, and probably never will again. Unless they come out with a wooden wick that actually works consistently but I don't see that happening. Some of the FO's smell nice but there was nothing I couldn't live without, especially for the ridiculous price.

• Like 1

On 12/19/2020 at 10:24 AM, Peggy T said:

UPDATE:

Well, my order finally arrived 4 weeks after placing it. And.....it is missing one of the fragrances. And...it was the ONE fragrance I needed. I am so annoyed. Does anyone know their phone number? It's not anywhere on their website.

Ugh.

Updated Update: They responded to my DM yesterday and promised to send a replacement ASAP. So I give them props for (hopefully) resolving that quickly. I'm still not crazy about a number of their practices (slow order fulfillment, no phone number contact, and inability to review products) but I do appreciate their messaging me quickly after I complained.

On 12/19/2020 at 11:31 PM, ErronB said:

Yep, same story when I used to test all their stuff. I don't use any of it now, and probably never will again. Unless they come out with a wooden wick that actually works consistently but I don't see that happening. Some of the FO's smell nice but there was nothing I couldn't live without, especially for the ridiculous price.

I agree!  I don't see them coming out with a consistent wood wick anytime soon.  Think, never! 

On 12/19/2020 at 10:31 PM, ErronB said:

I found a perfect use for them: lighting the wood pellet stove.

The supply of wood pellets is as terrible as the search for a decently consistent wooden wick.  Some brands just don’t light without a LOT of help.  I stick a wooden wick in front of the igniter and it catches enough to spread the flame across the burn pot and light on the first try. 

the stack of wooden wicks I have is finally not a waste of $, especially given the cost of a new igniter that I really didn’t need after all. 🤗😂

• Haha 2

On 12/20/2020 at 11:32 AM, karinz40 said:

So where can I get a really good wood wick that  will stay lit?

I'm sad to say, nowhere at this point.  It took me 3 years (I don't give up that easily) to finally realize this type of wood wick manufacture is inherently inconsistent.

On 12/29/2020 at 11:40 AM, TallTayl said:

I found a perfect use for them: lighting the wood pellet stove.

The supply of wood pellets is as terrible as the search for a decently consistent wooden wick.  Some brands just don’t light without a LOT of help.  I stick a wooden wick in front of the igniter and it catches enough to spread the flame across the burn pot and light on the first try. 

the stack of wooden wicks I have is finally not a waste of $, especially given the cost of a new igniter that I really didn’t need after all. 🤗😂

haha!  You're a genius! 

• 7 months later...