How different do FOs smell in different waxes?

I’m wick testing my first attempt at a triple wick candle and I’m using Nature’s Garden’s Vanilla Champagne in 4627. It just doesn’t smell like I remember it when I used 6006. I’m thinking I may need to go back to 6006 for this FO. I have a little soy candle that Trappeur made, but I just can’t bring myself to burn it. Would the sent be that much different between 4627 and 6006?   

I can smell a huge difference with the same FO in different waxes, but from 6006 to 4627 the only difference I notice is the potency of the top notes. 6006 smells more rounded because of that bit of soy, but 4627 likes to just give you the 'take no prisoners' top end IMO.

I would bet that it's probably the whole 'triple wicking' thing throwing it off more, though. To me some scents smell completely different when blasted with multiple wicks, and not always for the better lol.

I'm no expert though, I only have about a year and a half experience with paraffin / parasoy blends, I'm sure some others will give their thoughts.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, ErronB said:

I can smell a huge difference with the same FO in different waxes, but from 6006 to 4627 the only difference I notice is the potency of the top notes. 6006 smells more rounded because of that bit of soy, but 4627 likes to just give you the 'take no prisoners' top end IMO.

I would bet that it's probably the whole 'triple wicking' thing throwing it off more, though. To me some scents smell completely different when blasted with multiple wicks, and not always for the better lol.

I'm no expert though, I only have about a year and a half experience with paraffin / parasoy blends, I'm sure some others will give their thoughts.

Thanks, I think you are spot on, it wasn't so much the scent as the way it was presented

• Thumbs Up 1